• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Ozbrum

1. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Hi Di Sorry for the long delay in replying to you , bad manners but I have been truly busy. I remember your brother and vaguely remember Carol I think she was around my age ....I was 7 at the coronation.... Hazel Kent ( Kench ) was my first ever G / F , her brother was a good friend of you...
  2. Ozbrum

Pubs And Clubs Of The 70s And 80s

Wasn’t it called The Elbow Room , down by the Aston Hip / Barton’s Arms ?
  3. Ozbrum

Stags Head Pub - Summer Lane

hi Lyn I believe there were originally 21 pubs in summer lane , from the Woodman on the corner of the lane and Asylum road to the salutation at the other end...close to Snow hill... it was said you are not a man until you drink half pint in every pub in a single evening... ... i know a few who...
  4. Ozbrum

Cross Guns,pub And The Marquis Of Lorne

i had a p i had a pint or two in this pub , was a real beauty... my dad drank here in the 1930;s , talked very fondly of it.. my moms family Irish Murphys and Giblins used this pub extensively , moms father was born close by in Brewery street. Heard many tales as a kid about the many fights...
  5. Ozbrum

Pubs Of The Past

i went in to this place in about 1968... the served plonk..... very cheap cider...poison....lol
  6. Ozbrum

Paddington Street Aston

Hi Di I remember your brother Albert. You mention Kench , their daughter HAZEL was my childhood sweetheart ! Take care Albert Clayton No. 39
Back