• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Oxley

1. O

St Agnes High School Grammar School

Dear Eileen, I don't know what I've done here. Hope you receive this reply. I would love to welcome you to St Edmund Campion sometime in the autumn term. I know a Mary Evans who was a student in St Agnes', it might be the same person. My email address is [email protected]. Please...
  2. O

Eileen, Lovely to hear from you. I have four past students coming to visit next Thursday 6th April. It is lovely to see so many renewing acquaintances. You are most welcome to visit. Tim
  3. O

Hello Eileen, Lovely to hear from you. I love reading all the old stories and characters who helped shape 'Aggies'. I would love to welcome you and give you a tour. Some has changed but a lot remains the same. You are welcome to contact me on the schools email [email protected]...
  4. O

Hi Helen, Kate and Dee, I was privileged to welcome back Fiona Mahon, Anna McAdam and Mary Morahan, past pupils of St Agnes'. I teach at St Edmund Campion and have a massive interest in the history of our common school. All three came for a look around. They were here in the 1970's, you may...
  5. O

St Margaret Clitherow Girls School Pitts Farm Road

Thank you for sharing all of this important personal and historic information. Today we have just under 100 members of staff and over 1,000 students. School opens again on the 5th September. I will make contact after that for you and others who might like to have a look around. There are some...
  6. O

Thank you for this. I know the Dominicans arrived in Erdington around 1892 and set up their convent in Hopwood House, Sir Josiah Mason had lived there. In 1956 approx they moved their convent to Silver Birch Road. I was talking to a Redemptorist priest who was Chair of Governors at St...
  7. O

Tim Oxley here, present teacher at St Edmund Campion. Lovely to see you exchange memories. Do you by any chance know what order of nuns worked at St Margaret Clitherow?
  8. O

I am sad to say that the school as you knew it no longer exists. I know that Norwood House was knocked down at some point to build St Agnes' Grammar School for Girls. We have the foundation stone of that in our little chapel which holds about 30 people comfortably. This was blessed by...
  9. O

This is a copy of the Dominican Sisters badge, it is very similar if not the same as the one you wore. School uniforms continue to be very important in school, though students today wouldn't cope if they had to do what you did. They definitely would not use Drummer Boy dye, I looked it up...
  10. O

Dear friend, it is so lovely to hear from you. Thank you for getting in touch. You will be delighted to know that while we may no longer be called St Agnes', the ethos and values are as strong as ever. I would love to know more as to what life was like as a student back then. If you and...
  11. O

Mansion in Erdington

Kitty, My name is Tim Oxley. I am a teacher at St Edmund Campion and am presently researching the history of St Agnes to the present day. I would love to support you in your quest to find out more about the school. It is by luck and chance I have come across this post
  12. O

Hi Ria, I look forward to arranging a visit for you. It is lovley to hear your story and that 'Aggies' played a part in that. I am researching the Dominican Sisters from when they started here in 1892 to 1975. I have the names of the sisters via the 1911 census and the 1939 document...
  13. O

My name is Tim Oxley, Assistant Headteacher at St Edmund Campion Catholic School. I'm an adopted Brummie of 31 years. I am fascinated with the history of St Agnes' and would love to know more. I can also be a contact to those who would like to have a look around and compare now to your time here.
  14. O

I presently teach at St Edmund Campion. I would love to learn more about it's history.
Back