• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Otty

1. Otty

Newey Goodman Ltd Robin Hood Lane

My uncle, Jack Woodward, worked there in the 1960s - I think he worked in administration. I remember he took me and my Dad for a drink in the social club once, in his Austin A35. We always referred to the building as "the Pin Factory"
  2. Otty

Hall Green Schools

Great to know all this stuff. I lived in Hall Green in the council house where I was born, for 18 years before going to University - and it was still my home until I got married at 22 yrs. My older brother still lives in Brum and my parents are in the Robin Hood cemetery on Streetsbrook Road, so...
  3. Otty

Hall Green Schools

When I left Hall Green Juniors, in 1960, to go to Moseley Grammar, there was a whole range of secondary schools, catering for different abilities. One of these was Hall Green Bilateral - a mixed selective school that was on the corner of the Stratford Road and Cole Bank Road. Now it seems to be...
  4. Otty

Hall Green Schools

Lovely pic. When I was at Hall Green Junior school, the Infants school was also on the main site, near the Stratford Road and the Juniors was further back across the playground. In my last year there (1959/1960), my little brother was in the first year of the Infants. A line on the playground...
  5. Otty

Hall Green Schools

When I attended in the 1950's, it didn't look like a secure young offenders institute - autres temps!
  6. Otty

Hall Green Schools

I was at Hall Green Juniors from 1956 to 1960, having transferred from Pitmaston Primary School. My first teacher was Miss Ollerenshaw. Later my class teacher in 3.2 and 4.2 was Mr Hingley. I was tall for my age. My friend Chris Field arrived with me but was later promoted to class 4.1. I was...
Back