• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by OtherHalf

1. OtherHalf

Vale Onslow Motor Cycles - Stratford Rd - Documentary Pictures

so do I and I still get bits for my Bantam there great memories and pictures Tom
  2. OtherHalf

What make of bicycle is this ?

there is an interesting link about cycles ...if you click on the links at side ...whether this is of any use ?....makes interstinig reading though www.Oldbike.eu
  3. OtherHalf

lad in the Lane meet On The Day

Yes Postie or the bunny gets it ...right
  4. OtherHalf

Northfield - Church Hill

The Church at top is St Lawrences and like all good churches there is a pub next door in this case the Great stone pub lol
  5. OtherHalf

watch it m8 or these Mitchels will be rounnd to swop yer tea fer coffee:D
  6. OtherHalf

Thanks for a great day nice to be there and the food well have just polished off me doggy bag lol great atmosphere good company proper beer what can I say lol nice to see Mike n Maureen out n about thanks to Brian Chris and Ian and can I come again I didnt eat ALL the Food but had my fill...
  7. OtherHalf

St Catherine's Church Horsefair

the church on horsefair was rc and it was ST CATHERINE OF SIENNA
  8. OtherHalf

TOMMY GODWIN - 1948 Olympic Medalist on the BBC

I agree Tommy is a much admired man by everyone.... and his acheivements are understated ?
  9. OtherHalf

can you decipher this surname?

Jean look at first post name 3 lol
  10. OtherHalf

TOMMY GODWIN - 1948 Olympic Medalist on the BBC

sorry but I would think that a world medal was way above international medals ??
  11. OtherHalf

Sorry Chris have to disagree R in furniture remover has a loop at top ??? surely Tom....... Sorry chris you may be right it does have a loop at top thought it was from above line ??? sorry lol
  12. OtherHalf

Backstreets Glories of old Brum...

I am a chlid of the sixties the nearest I ever came to living in those type of houses was a terrace type house which I lived in during the mid seventies with an outside toilet... the terrace was run down... people in it were extremely close... although the police would not venture down alone...
  13. OtherHalf

tracing a person thru there army records..need help.!!!!!

ww2 https://www.wartimememoriesproject.com/ww2/allied/dcli.php
  14. OtherHalf

sure of gau as it is written same way in daughter ? The first leter is definately N compare that with M in handwriting so N,,gau..
  15. OtherHalf

think first letter is N..Gau.. possibly gaunt ?
Back