• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by OldTom

1. O

Runwell Cycle Company

An image of a Runwell badge (which may be just an early version) is available on the front of a 1936 catalogue (the last one listed) in the Graces Guide at: https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Runwell_Cycle_Co It shows an image of an athlete runner, with the wording ‘Runwell Cycle Co Birmingham’...
  2. O

Runwell Cycle Company

For anyone with the interest to follow this up, I have found that there is a quantity of archive material on the Runwell Cycle Co. (1911-1961] at the Modern Record Centre, University of Warwick: archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk Web results Runwell Cycle Company - Archives Hub This collection was...
  3. O

Runwell Cycle Company

My early 1960s Runwell was a lovely red, so they offered more than one colour choice! . Your description of the badge certainly rings bells with me now. Tom
  4. O

Runwell Cycle Company

My Great Uncle Harold Crooks was a director of Runwell cycles. He was a very good engineer, and a very nice man. I inherited an old Runwell on which I had a wonderful time treating it very much like what later became known as a BMX. When my late brother wanted a new bike he insisted on a...
Back