• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Oldgreetboy2

1. O

Warwick Road

Hi Theresa, I went to Sunday school in the hall at the back.
  2. O

Warwick Road

I used to play the pinball machine in that cafe, they did a great sausage sandwich.
  3. O

Greet Primary School

Hi KDGreet, I attended the school between 1962 - 1968 and have nothing but very fond memories of my time at Greet. I have two Certificates of Regular Attendance (found them on eBay) the same as that pictured in image number 6 above. I would like to donate them to the school, so if you would like...
  4. O

Pre war Motorcycle Clubs

Hi Louis, I think the motorcycle club you mentioned in Greet was the Birmingham Motorcycle Club, its clubhouse was at the end of Colebrook Road. My father Freddy Jennings was an active member and rider, and I used to go down there as a child with my parents. I think it closed down about 1981.
  5. O

Old street pics..

Thanks Phil, I am slowly building up a collection of pictures of Greet.
  6. O

Old street pics..

Phil, I love these pictures of Greet, they bring back so many happy memories, thank you.
  7. O

Prefabs

Ogri One of my best friends called Tom Jones lived with his mom and dad in a prefab opposite the petrol station close to the bridge, did you know him?
  8. O

Hello From Bronson

Ogri Yes I know Gordon, he lived in Albion Road, Greet and I lived on the corner of Albion and Tomey Roads. Gordon is a few years older than I (I was born in 1957). I went the Greet Primary, then The Leys (Formans Road). Luckily I have not had any health problems yet, however my memory has...
  9. O

Hello From Bronson

Hi Ogri I went to Formans Road (it was renamed "The Leys" just before we attended in 1968. I remember them testing dust samples in the school and finding incredibly high levels of lead from the Lucas Factory just over the playground wall. I remember that if we kicked our footballs over the...
  10. O

Hello From Bronson

Gordon, is that you, this is Paul Jennings....
  11. O

iron founders

Bronson, I lived on the corner of Albion and Tomey roads and remember playing football in the road down by Fisher Foundries.
Back