• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

OldBrummie's latest activity

• O
    OldBrummie replied to the thread Lyndon Road.
    To all those out there who might have lived in Lyndon Road, Sheldon, in the 1940's, or know someone from that era, do you remember the...
  • O
    Maurice, My only connection to Crete is that I passed it (all be it at a distance) on the way to Aus in 1963. I imagine a fascinating...
  • O
    Maurice, I'm not far behind you (at 81 in a months time) and my chances of reliving my past by visiting Lyndon Road are now non...
  • O
    So sorry Maurice but you have to agree, especially at this (Covid) time, old memories can do wonders for the soul. Peter.
  • O
    Astoness, I don't know why, maybe my age, but I've suddenly become somewhat nostalgic for the 'old days' and memories are suddenly...
  • O
    A touch off area me thinks. We are talking here of Lyndon Road, Sheldon, Birmingham. P.
  • O
  • O
    Janice, a little bit of history of the area. Where Daylesford Road takes off Lyndon Road all the way up to what was Garners Greengrocery...
  • O
    Janice a correction. I think I am right in assuming Dr Basil V is (or was) Robinson and not a separate doctor. P.
  • O
    Janice, thanks. Though Dr Basil V (and I am assuming Physns is Physician) Doesn't ring any bells. The Doctor I am looking for moved to...
  • O
    Jan 2021 A query cropped up today and I couldn't answer it. I was born in Solihull Hospital Maternity Section - Dr R L...