• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by odbsmith

1. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Well I never!! That photo has turned up, I'm so pleased to see it!!
  2. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Husband says delivery's came in that way. Also after they bought 277 the upstairs at 275 was converted to a flat where Janet and Gordon lived, stairs up from what was kitchen. I'm really annoyed I cannot find other photo. It was a colour photo of Kay and their dog Patsy on the doorstep.
  3. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Fred and kay eventually owned 277 as well. when they sold up they moved to Cornwall.
  4. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

As you can see there is very little of the shop showing. There is another photo that seems to be hiding at the moment!
  5. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Hi, yes it was Fred Findley who was husband's foster father, I think Fred and Kay (kathleen) married in 63 or 64. we have 1 photo that has a very small section of shopfront.
  6. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

What year was this?
  7. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Thank you, my error, yes it should be 275 Clifton Road Sparkbrook! My husband lived there with his foster parents during the '60s. We googled it and found 275 but it didnt look as remembered.
  8. O

Clifton Road Sparkbrook

Does anyone have any early pic of 275 Clifton road, used to be a shop?
  9. O

Cathcart Street 1936-1940

Thanks For that , veryuseful
  10. O

St Patricks C of E School Highgate Street.

Probably wrong Smiths...... Dan didnt have sibings with those names.
  11. O

Cathcart Street 1936-1940

I have a relative of my husband at 5 Cathcart street as a shopkeeper. Her name was Clara Bradnock. Any history or local knowledge would be useful thanks.
  12. O

St Patricks C of E School Highgate Street.

My husband lived at 7 back of 8 Hick street, Dan Smith. He remembers Miss Gittins. Says a lot of children (including him) would have gone hungry if not for the jam sandwiches. To the left of their entry was the green grocers, to the right the grocers/general stores and remembers a Fish and chip...
  13. O

Moor Lane by Witton Cemetery

Hi Carole, I was browsing and noticed your post, I'm Debbie Smith (nee Hudman) and I believe your father is my 3rd cousin. Also living in moor street is the Sandoz family, Alfred George Sandoz, 1st cousin 3x removed of my husband. My grandfather settled in Devon/Cornwall area after WW1, so when...
  14. O

Back-to-back Houses

Hi Bernard, Dan's family lived there from about 1952 to 1964 with 8 or 9 children and he attended St Patricks school. They moved on to Vincent Parade.
  15. O

Back-to-back Houses

Bernard, my husband also lived at 7 back of 8 Hick street, when did you live there. Do you know if there are any surviving photos. regards Debbie
Back