• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by northender

1. N

Tyburn Road Bus Works

2. N

Tyburn Road Bus Works

Ronnie Parkes was the senior foreman over the bodyshop.
  3. N

The Speak Easy , Highgate

That's right very lively place, am I right the boxer Bunny Jonhson had it early -mid 70's when I used it ? if my fogged memory is rightish the S/E was on a road on the side of the G/G
  4. N

The Speak Easy , Highgate

Was the Speak Easy , a converted terrace house near the Gloden Gloves, I seem to remember been served drinks in the front room over a plank in a doorway ? 40yrs plus ago.
  5. N

Jeans Cafe - Silver Street, Kings Heath

Hi Castlla, sorry I don't recall the Finches, but a house close to 54 had the front room converted into a cafe that was the mid to late 60's. I lived the other end by Station road.
  6. N

Archbishop Masterton's School for Boys Coleys Lane

I left in 73 can't say I have your memories, all I remember is being kicked and punched by the likes of history teacher Jimmy Coghlan , Fitizpatrick, Saregent pretty brutal I recall.
  7. N

Archbishop Masterton's School for Boys Coleys Lane

Hurley, Fitzipatrick,, Coglan, Saragent, Sagadeli, Barrett, Bradshaw,Pitt,
  8. N

Kingsway Picture House Kings Heath

Does anyone remember Saturday morning matinees at the Kingsway in the 60's, the manager on stage announcing the running order and George the doorman in his red coat controlling the kids. Happy innocent days
  9. N

Kingsway Picture House Kings Heath

It's a Savers shop now
  10. N

Any Memories Of The Golden Gloves Or The Speak Easy In Highgate?

Two lively watering holes in the 70's
  11. N

Yes the station was there next to the public works depot, I lived in Highbury Rd as a kid in the 60'.
  12. N

There was another on the Coventry Rd
  13. N

No , it was next to Godwin's some of my mates worked there and peeled spuds in the machine after school.
  14. N

Looking at the photos the off-licence sold sherry off the wood for 5p a pint , the house infront of the car I think was an Irish family Barny Harvey and daughter Barbera I remember going there as kid in the 60's. International Stock is built on the MEB works, then there was the fire station and...
Back