• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by nooneynoo

1. N

costermonger pub

I used to go to the costas in the 80s and 90s it was a great pub never ever seen a fight in it a great crowd used to go there mix of rockers and punks. the decor was a bit rough but it served beer and good music what more did you want. sadly closed a couple of years ago. Never seen or smelt...
  2. N

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

Hello coal man you were a very lucky child to have a lucas party I dont think these parties go on in companies these days, I remember my brother he was 9 and recieved a parker pen and pencil set very grown up I recieved this big box when I opened it . it contained a big yellow lorry and blue...
  3. N

Small Heath Park (Victoria Park)

They used to rent out boats on the pond but i think this stopped in the late 1970s the boat house is still there. The pond was drained in the late 70s I think explosives were found in it, but it was empty for quite a while maybe this put an end to the boating. There used to be a parkie called...
  4. N

Hi PMC you can see the ship in the first photograph its on the left half way up with the bough facing torwards the camera. The second photograph shows the deeper pool with the island, you can just see the wooden fence blocking the view from Tennyson road. The pool definitely didnt go till the...
  5. N

The pool used to split into 3 sections the baby pool, the second pool had a ship with funnels in it and the third pool which was the deep end used to have an island with a bridge across to it it also had a fountain which was broken in later years. it used to be filled with water from the pump...
  6. N

Hi this is a picture of Small Heath Park looking towards Tennyson Rd spring 1968
  7. N

Singer Factory Small Heath

There was a UB40 video in the 1980s with the former Singer/Roots/ Chryslers/Talbot/asda factory on the coventry Rd Small Heath been Knocked down in the background. does any body know the name of the song.
  8. N

Lucas Parties & Pantomimes

My dad worked in formans rd and we used to go to the lucas parties from the late 60s to early 70s. The excitement started when you recieved an official invitation to the party with a picture of santa on it, without this ticket you werent getting in. They used to be held in early december. first...
Back