• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by NoelleO 64

1. N

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

My brother Jim started at Cadburys around 1967 or 1968 .mum came from knell cake factory via Lyon cakes in Smethwick to work at Cadburys in the eirley 1970s till ill health took her in 1997 and she had to retire .sadly she past away in 2000.
  2. N

Midland Educational

My mum took me to the Midland education back in the 60s when my brother had gone out with another family to the ideal home existing at Bingley hall .mum treated me to one of the first Acton Men I had seen on blue peter that Monday .I think it cost 30 shillings then £1.50 today's money .it W's...
  3. N

Midland Educational

Loved
  4. N

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

As a youth I remember walking all the way from hall rd , all the way up the lozells road towards 6 ways to the model shop. The shop was about 3 or hundred yards from the island I think .I would bye a airfix figure kit , the were lots of em, then walk back only to remember the glue or paint. And...
  5. N

Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022

Approaching the flyover from the aldridge rd, to wards the city. The walsall road traffic meets the now single lane aldridge traffic .who thought this one up?.40mph meets 20mph ? ???? .think l will go around the old crown and cushion island instead its safer
  6. N

Soho Road Handsworth

I worked there as a paperboy in 1968 _1969 it was dill ons then one of the customers were soho house , the police lived there then.
  7. N

Soho Road Handsworth

My good friend Steve barker lived in Babington rd back in the 70s we went to school togeather and went to Bolton rd school on fridays and Tuesdays for the St John ambulance .saw him in 2000 , he worked at lucas York rd .
  8. N

Handsworth

Hi stephen 0002002 I wonder if you or one of the other master brummie could tell me where we're the toll houses on or around handsworth positioned please thank you.
  9. N

Hamstead Road Church Hill Handsworth

Hi there the wall on the left of the last piture looks like the wall of our back garden facing Radnor Rd if I am right , my brother and I would seek out as kids on our go home made go kart from plans from blue peter. We would turn left out the gate and ride down the hill.our gran always knew...
  10. N

Villa Cross Cinema

I got the wrong flats. Sorry I went past thosed flats this morning trying to avoid perrybarr new lay out.????? Joining the walsall rd from the aldridge rd into town is looking for an accident . The flats were actually about 100 yards down the hampstead rd from the old mists garage , remember...
  11. N

Villa Cross Cinema

Are thay the flats the late noel gorden from crossroads fame .?she used to park her rolls Royce in hall road outside our house and walk up to the ville ge to do her shopping. Our back gate on hampsted rd faced Radnor Rd had I have seen that small quadrant of the villa cross window in that...
  12. N

Villa Road Milk Bar

Back in the 60s next to the bulls head was a fish and chip shop.we we the sign between the windows on the wall of the first floor was a newsagents .my brother was a paper boy for them 15 shillings a week seven days 2 rounds a day. Thay kept papers and comics on the left. And sweets on the right...
  13. N

Handsworth Park Victoria Park Handsworth

I did no not go to William murdoc , sorry you miss understud me . The schools actually swoped places st john wall went up to were William murdoc used to be and stayed st john wall. Meanwhile , William murdoc moved everything puples , desks, teachers the lot to the old st john wall school .this...
  14. N

Handsworth Park Victoria Park Handsworth

Hi I went to St John wall next door the the tec, St John wall moved to William murdoc school and vis a versa that summer desks and all when I left. Knew some lads from the handsworth tec Chris bowker and nick Patrick small world .o
  15. N

The Kingstanding

The Is So Much Here In Kinstanding If It's A Curry Or Coat A Vet Or Plant Kingstanding Has It All. Parks youths can learn karate at warren farm community hall . A wonderful baths .the kids and the parents of theses kids don't or won't see it . History is not in there heads . My husband here a...
Back