• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by No27

1. N

Lennox Street

Thanks for posting! It shows the location of No. 41, where my cousin William Thomas Langman lived (actually 1C1R). He was born there in 1911 (his dad moved there from William St a couple of years prior when he married) and William was the last one to be living there when they came down.
  2. N

Palmer family 9/50 Benacre Street

Hi Nick, My main source for info is on the Ancestry genealogy site - it gives convenient access to censuses and many parish records and electoral rolls to look for friends and family, but it is subscription based. The navigation and searching take a little bit of getting used to, but all...
  3. N

No problem, Nick. Your Palmers were at 43 Johnson Rd for quite some time - the electoral rolls show those of voting age over the years: Name Residence Year Ward Street Address Thomas Palmer 1912 Washwood Heath 43 Johnson street Thomas Palmer 1920 Erdington 43 Johnson Street Emma Palmer...
  4. N

Benacre Street

Yes - that's exactly right. Thanks!
  5. N

Benacre Street

Thanks! Yes, the word "ruin" doesn't look too hopeful. This is the map set I was thinking of, I've used it for other locations, Sherbourne Rd., Leopold St., but I can't access the site any longer.
  6. N

Benacre Street

This is fantastic, thanks! - I have family that were at 9/50 Benacre. I have a couple of questions - First - which is 9/50? Nos. 1 - 6 are at the back of 55 - 60, but it looks like 49 - 53 are full front - back houses, so is No. 9 the one in the yard opposite? Second - I can find streets...
  7. N

Benacre Street

Hi cousin! I've posted details for you about the Palmers at 9/50 Benacre, 1921 - 1925, in the surname section of the forum; thread title is "Palmer family 9/50 Benacre Street." Harry (Henry William), the eldest of the children, is my half cousin.
  8. N

For those interested on other threads, this is info on 9/50 Benacre Street 1920 - 1925 1921 Census: Harry (Henry) Palmer from Taunton and his wife Eliza (nee Shepherd, fom Sherbourne Rd) Children: Harry (William Henry) - 1905 Charles Frederick - Emmeline Mary - 1914 Nellie - 1915 Frances Annie...
  9. N

Any old Brummies moved to the USA?

And cowboys - the Calgary Stampede! But 30 years ago it was a major telecom hub (Nortel etc) up to Y2K. Our next door but one neighbour from Northfield is in Calgary. We've been in the US for 30 years (Maine to South Carolina), my sister in Denver and a nephew in Oz. On my Ancestry, all of my...
  10. N

Leopold Street

Thanks for posting the map - my mum was at 8 ct 11 - her mum & dad moved in there sometime between 1911 & 1920, with my grandfather's mother-in-law close by at 6 ct 11. They were definitely customers of the Ody's. Numbering the houses clockwise round the court, you can see that no. 8 is one of...
  11. N

Orchard Road Balsall Heath

WOW!!!! That was fast - you guys are the best!!!
  12. N

Just looked back at these posts and realised we have lost Phil - but if anyone knows where there may be more of these please let me know
  13. N

Hello - coming back to the experts for help here - Oak Place and Kynaston Buildings and photos. Oak Place - I have census addresses for my family given in 2 ways as follows: 1901: 2, Oak Place. (in between records for 1 & 3, which themselves are between the records for 26 & 27 Sherbourne Rd...
Back