• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by nimrod1947

1. N

Haddock deaths in Birmingham Workhouse

I just looked it's some coincidence her death November 1906. It's a strange one
  2. N

Haddock deaths in Birmingham Workhouse

Hi Folks, not sure if this is the correct area for this post if not, I claim old age, for the mistake. I have a couple who lived in Winson Green and they both ended up in the workhouse. My problem is they both died there and I can't find any record of their burials. I have checked...
  3. N

Great Tindal Street Ladywood

Hi blackmagic alias bushbaby, lovely to see mention of the Slaneys again. I spent many weekends at their house and the car in the picture belonged to my Uncle Arthur. Very old car but he had it in the late 50s if that is any use to you. He always left it unlocked, he was very trusting. Keep the...
  4. N

Where is This?

Another mystery solved thank you.
  5. N

Where is This?

I have to admire you all, I posted the picture with a faint hope that you may be able to help and all this other information coming along is a bonus. I still can't understand why I didn't remember the wedding let alone the church. The other photo has me on it otherwise I would say I wasn't...
  6. N

Where is This?

I can't see it clearly enough but still pleased with the result
  7. N

Where is This?

I don't know but the original photo was a bit limited. There is another photo of the whole family but doesn't show that bit of the wall
  8. N

Where is This?

That's the one thank you Janice, you are all brilliant and I will have a drink tonight in your honour.
  9. N

Where is This?

Definitely the one thank you so much, don't know how you all do it.
  10. N

Where is This?

Absolutely the one, can't thank you enough, it's really bugged me for ages, Thank you.
  11. N

Where is This?

Quite possibly, sorry I can't be absolutely sure.
  12. N

Where is This?

Probably Ladywood or Aston, not sure which
  13. N

Where is This?

Sad individual that I am, really puzzled by this church. I was actually there but for the life of me can't remember a thing about it. I obviously know the people concerned but it ends there. It was in 1962 and lots of weddings since then!! If anyone knows where it is the BHF people will know.
  14. N

HEATH STREET - Before and After

My Dad worked for Parkers for a short time. His name was Frank Willis and I have a feeling my grandfather David Downing worked for them. I actually met Harold Moult but as I was a snotty kid at the time can't remember too much. He did make me laugh, I remember that much. I used to scrounge lifts...
  15. N

Heath Street memory

Hi it's me again. this photo is of me and my brother outside 11/381 Heath Street. Don't know the name of the horse because he belonged to the rag merchant Parkers in Heath Street. I also remember a Harold Moult who lived up the same street but on the other side I think he was a rag merchant as...
Back