• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Nigelb63

1. N

Bowen, Jonas, George- Silversmiths, Silver platers.

James Bowen, my x5 great grandfather was George’s brother.
  2. N

That might / should be me :)
  3. N

Yes, that is true. Thank you for the info.
  4. N

Hi Linda, This is interesting, My great uncle - Harold Bowen (1908-1980) emigrated to Barrie, Ontario in 1930.
  5. N

Links : Jewellery Quarter Research Group (now Trust) site

Hi Virginia, attached is all I have at the moment. This was originally from my eldest sister, now I am taking over the task.
  6. N

I will post it later. Thanks for your help. I am grateful.
  7. N

Hi Virginia, the only reason I could give to you for sharing is that I've started to search and buy back as much "family silver" that I can, owing to my pride. As well as, your dates differ from mine and I would appreciate you scrutinising the family tree I have. Best regards, Nigel
  8. N

Ansells Brewery

Bloody hell. I remember Tiny. He was a mate of my dads as was yorkie.
  9. N

Ansells Brewery

Yorkie was a mate of my dads. I met him a couple of times.
  10. N

Would you have access to the census of 1881? If so could you have a look for Frederick J Bowen please.
  11. N

Mike, thank you so much. You're a star.
  12. N

I am trying to find out more information about my ancestors. My 5x grandfather was Jonas Bowen born 1786, died 1867. He married Esther Prime, Daughter of Thomas Prime of Thomas prime and son-electro platers. What I've found out so-far There were three Thomas Primes connected with the firm. The...
  13. N

Hi Brian, is there any possibility to have a look at the photos of the Bowen's resting place. I visited both cemeteries two weeks ago but could not find them. TIA Nigel Bowen
  14. N

Hi Dotti. Thomas Bowen born 1744 in Birmingham. Married Sarah Gardiner 5th March 1764 at St Martins. Thats as far back as I've managed to get, so-far. James was my great grandfather x5, he was a clockmaker. Your tree aligns with mine. However, I have different birth dates to yours. By my...
  15. N

thanks for your response, Lyn. I'm trying to trace my family back as far as is possible and have hit a stop with Thomas.
Back