• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nico's latest activity

• Nico
    Nico reacted to Dave M's post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Dug up this solid clump belonging to Crocosmia,
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    there has been one sitting on my window sill for years:grinning:
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to wendylee's post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Aww thats cute, hope he sees them or at least hears them to know they are around. We have beautiful green tree frogs in Australia , they...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Dave M's post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    5th 6th Sept Hedgehog and Fox
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to sospiri's post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Pete, Like I said, on it's own it tastes sort of metallic and is why they generally sell it mixed with grape juice. But lots of kids...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Update on my pigeon nest .... the adults do not seem to mind being observed. I cannot believe that they built a nest right next to the...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to superdad3's post in the thread In the Garden Jan - Oct 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have a 40kg German Shepherd. Why am I mentioning this on "In the garden today"? Well, the fuchsias are forming fruits and Bella is...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Alberta's post in the thread A very sad day. with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Today has been a very difficult day, Yesterday we said goodbye to our little 11 year old Yorkie Alice. She has been in poor health for a...
  • Nico
    Nico replied to the thread Childhood Memories.
    We had a huge coke pile at school and we used to run up it but if we got caught we got the cane. In the baby class they was a big coke...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to jmadone's post in the thread Childhood Memories with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Was it similar to this one? This is the type my Nan had at her prefab. in Yardley Wood.
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Childhood Memories with Appreciate Appreciate.
    it would be just the job now lyn,in this lockdown
  • Nico
    Like the one with the rabbit in but their lid sloped like the one I can see out of the window now. 2 doors up..The put grass cuttings in...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Morturn's post in the thread Childhood Memories with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I recall most of the prefabs had a small shed/coal bunker made of corrugated iron like yours. The council supplied one like this
  • Nico
    My Nan told me when she was a girl she read at night by candlelight. Her dad put marks on the candles so she was not allowed to burn it...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Childhood Memories with Appreciate Appreciate.
    crikey pete you were posh if you electric lighting in your cellar...we had to use candles to see down ours and of course thats where the...