• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nico's latest activity

• Nico
    Nico replied to the thread Give us yer donny.
    Said of one of my great aunties who was very eccentric, by her mother, "she was the scrapings of the pot." The last child. Grandad's...
  • Nico
    I noticed when I was over there they have a type of street, Passe de whatever, a passage, and Impasse de whatever which I was told are...
  • Nico
    De riens Bob. And pensées, pansies and pis en lits, pee the beds = dandylions, I was told or I read dents somewhere de lion, lions teeth.
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread Give us yer donny with Appreciate Appreciate.
    de la bouche du cheval. Merci Monsieur Bob
  • Nico
    I have just asked my partner who is French. Cul de sac means just what you have all said, the bottom of the bag, and bottom like a rear...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to jonnybrowne's post in the thread Give us yer donny with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Be that as it may, I’m really not convinced that “donny” comes from either a corruption of the French for “give” imported by WW1...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to jonnybrowne's post in the thread Give us yer donny with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Firstly, welcome to the forum! I got a very funny look from a colleague only the other day when I mentioned that I'd scraged my knee!
  • Nico
    Nico replied to the thread Autumn in the Garden.
    Big flock of long tailed tits today about 20 queueing for the nuts but they couldn't work out how to use the sunflower heart feeder...
  • Nico
    Nico replied to the thread Autumn in the Garden.
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Alberta's post in the thread Autumn in the Garden with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Our bird nuts are in a wire container at the top of a metal 'shepherds crook' They have recently started to disappear in the night. We...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Smudger's post in the thread Autumn in the Garden with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Lost a beautiful Greenfinch today. Hit the window with some force & died instantly. Wife made a cardboard coffin for it & buried it in...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A couple of weeks now and it is the birds who are watching me - the nosey parkers. Can't be long before they fledge.
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    the hedgdog is back. :Dit sure is big
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to mikejee's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Surely mistletoe is the antithesis of social distancing!
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Mistletoe on Rohan Tree, is Xmas cancelled this year ?