• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Nico's latest activity

• Nico
    Nico reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Still no further water added as I am still placing my rocks on the upper shelf of the pond, along with the fact that I am awaiting a...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Edifi's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Penstenomes are so easy,cut them off about 4-6 inches take off the bottom leaves and plant them in the soil.Same with Rose's.
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to JudiM's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I shall give it a go once it's flowered.
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    eco gardens are the best nico:grinning:
  • Nico
    Nico replied to the thread In the Garden 2020.
    I reminisce a lot, always have. I have been thinking about peoples' gardens that I know. How beautiful they are. And different. Which...
  • Nico
    I actually propogated a rose I broke by accident. It is better than it's parent. I have done honeysuckle successfully and clematis, but...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to jukebox's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    According to my 'Tree and Shrub Expert' book by Dr D.G.Hessayon "Propagation is easy - plant cuttings in a cold frame in summer or...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    When i cut the grass I leave a big piece of land with dandelions buttercups and daisies for the bees. they live under the shed. their...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Smudger's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have lots of Dianthus (pinks) in my garden. They have a lovely scent & are as tough as old boots. I have Great Tit chicks chirping...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to JudiM's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I bought 4 bags of compost online from Wickes & it was about a month for delivery! So yes, compost, toilet roll & plain flour seem to...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to devonjim's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    At the beginning of the month some guy on the radio said to help bees not to cut the lawn for the month of May. Any excuse to get out of...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to jukebox's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    From today (before the wind batters them all down)
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to Astoness's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    great idea kieron...glad i thought of that :D :D lyn
  • Nico
    Others have mentioned similar. A good storm maybe. It doesn't go right to the end so I can battle the holly and peep round. Whilst doing...
  • Nico
    Nico reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread In the Garden 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Good point - vertical edges must have been an exciting dive for the poor things. If I had four hoglets I'd be overjoyed. I have an 86...