• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Nicholas

1. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Some places naturally attract, or generate, 'ghost stories'... and hospitals are probably 'top of the list' concerned, for obvious reasons, mwOnjm? Did the nurse actually say what staff were afraid of, do you recall?
  2. Nicholas

Regent Parade

What sort of things did your friend report, if you don't mind my asking, mw0njm?
  3. Nicholas

Regent Parade

I wonder if that is the same place owned by an old friend of mine? He also said that his property was haunted too, by the ghost of a little girl. A number of staff experienced this, it seems?
  4. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Thank you very much for your reply, JonnyH! I remember first reading about the Beachy Head matter as a youngish child, I believe... but it's a topic that seems to have greatly 'disappeared' from most paranormal literature in more recent decades, perhaps? It's been so long (since I remember...
  5. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Thank you for sharing in such detail, JonnyH...!! Much appreciated!! Sceptics make the best witnesses, by far....... Strangely - despite having been an outpatient at the QE in the past, it's only been in the last 12 months that I'd heard about the 'Roman' connections, I must admit!! Rolls...
  6. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Thank you very much!! No problems about any delay in responding, mw0njm!!!
  7. Nicholas

Josiah Mason Mausoleum Graveyard

Thank you for sharing such memories with us, Eddie!! A friend of mine was adopted through / from some childrens homes that have - in more recent years - been noted for different types of abusive situations. He was only a baby when adopted - in the late 60's - and, when speaking to me about the...
  8. Nicholas

Thank you for trying, Rowan!!
  9. Nicholas

Thank you very much for your responses, everyone!! Much appreciated indeed!!
  10. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

"All (stories) are welcome davesd1....... All (stories) are welcome.......!!!" Laugh!! Thank you very much for sharing your experiences Davesd1....!! I do think that, sometimes, these older, more historic, properties should probably come with some sort of warning, eh!? I've only ever...
  11. Nicholas

Thank you very much for your prompt responses! I had read about the mausoleum itself previously, but there are - supposedly - some references to an actual 'graveyard' at the site, which was specifically for the orphans themselves. Local rumour has it that people digging in their gardens have...
  12. Nicholas

I've recently been speaking to a gentleman who says that he recalls some form of 'human remains' being discovered in the grounds of the Erdington Orphanage in fairly recent decades..... (Approx. the 1980's or 90's, perhaps?) In short, I was wondering whether anyone on the forum perhaps...
  13. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Thank you very much for sharing your experience Lady Penelope!! I'm afraid I don't really know the place you refer to at all (despite having carried out some investigations in Boldmere, over the years), but would certainly like to try and 'check it out' with a view to finding if the site has a...
  14. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Hi Astonian, These days matey, I think it's a matter of people just 'moving too quickly throughout life' to give time towards dwelling on anything too 'phantasmal', if I'm honest.....!? Still - the supernatural (whatever that might actually be?) clearly comes forward and breaks through into...
  15. Nicholas

Brummie Ghosts

Having spoken to literally hundreds and hundreds of people about their encounters (over the years), it's often been stressed to me that the witnesses concerned were completely surprised by their own, 'mild' reactions to their experiences!? Personally speaking, I'm sure I'd do a fair bit of...
Back