• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by negritaspider

1. N

What / Where (group picture)

the elephant? Now that I have more information, I think I'll speak to my brother about it (he seems to remember things better from long ago!) That won't be for another week - so watch this space!!
  2. N

I'm tending to go for Mohawks "Bullring" photo - I don' remember any of that area before it was pulled down for the modern day Bull ring - But I do know that my gran's house (where my parents lived on arrival from Germany was at the bottom of the Coventry road (as in Brum City football ground?)...
  3. N

Vivien! You must be right about the elephant - my father died in 1965, so it could all fit it... except for the area. I don' ever remember going to Gosta Green - we lived in Quinton and my friend in Harborne - add in the ANN behind the elephant... would there have been anything on at the...
  4. N

Picture re-touch

on the right in the army uniform....
  5. N

Picture re-touch

John!!! Many thanks - but you have put me in a quandry... I am now no longer sure that it's a (complete) photo of my dad!! His face is looking like it's been added to the full photo ....and now that I am thinking about it, I am sure that he was MUCH TALLER THAN MY UNCLE (he was 6.2" in bare...
  6. N

OK, thanks Pedro! So, now, where was Stone Radio????
  7. N

and this is the 2nd one..printed from the negative the wrong way round so the words in the background don't help- but am assuming it is Brum, my father in 1953ish
  8. N

Right, I am going to post under this thread, as it has the right heading... This photo is from 1960's - I am assuming it is Brum as it is of me, with a schoolfriend and mom and brother!! She has no idea where it was taken , neither does my brother!
  9. N

Picture re-touch

Can someone take off the white on the left of the page and then clean up the photo, please? From the 1950's, my dad and uncle.
  10. N

Picture re-touch

oh, lovely! Thankyou both so much! I'm trying to clean up all the photos I have, to put them on my Ancestry account.
  11. N

In the garden 2022

and while I'm on it, avocados too....
  12. N

In the garden 2022

Pumpkin is a cultural and regional experience I believe!! You need to live in a country were it is a nutural veg, like in Tunisia... Yum, yum!!
  13. N

Picture re-touch

I'm sorry, Mohawk - I didn't realise I had posted it before... must be one of my alzheimer moments!!! Saying that, could y'all try to clean up this 50 year old photo? Cameras were not so good then!!
  14. N

Picture re-touch

tee hee hee!! I can see you all have enjoyed yourselves with this one!! Many many thanks, and I will send her both with/without FAG (as I seem to recall, they were called then :cool: !!)
  15. N

Picture re-touch

My cousin so loved the touch-up you did on her gran and grandad, could you try this one for me??
Back