• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by nechells park old boy

1. nechells park old boy

The Woodman

i know what Jim's secret was to the best pint of tetleys! 2 pints of Guinness in every barrel, him and my dad were mates, i had the unenviable job of cleaning the tiles every 3 months with sugar soap when i was about 14-15(late 80's)
  2. nechells park old boy

birmingham corporation bus clock in for drivers

think there is still 1 at the end of the no 7 route at short heath as well
  3. nechells park old boy

Items that have faded away

sobranne can still be brought in russia as i saw them when i was there a few years ago and they still do the multicoloured ones as well, you can get them in a lot of eastern europe,
  4. nechells park old boy

The Bromford

now another one thats closed, been boarded up for about 6 months!
  5. nechells park old boy

The Moby Dick

this is being saved, lots of work going on there now as part of millenium point, think this was renamed in the 80's along with the railway on curzon street which became ciscos a mexican place i think, both were owned by the same person, ciscos was later brought by the mick o'neil and named...
  6. nechells park old boy

CARPENTERS ARMS in Highgate

I worked at the carpenters in 98/99 and it was still really busy at lunchtimes for food, it had a small room with a bar upstairs where the kitchen was, all the food for downstairs came down a dumb waiter, the nights in the week were dire though no-one around only 2 or 3 people in, really died...
  7. nechells park old boy

pub in Cuckoo Road Aston

thanks all :-), lyn i have looked at those posts that is where i "borrowed" my avatar from, years before my time that photo is, i drove past there the other day and it is being used as a learning centre, wonder what the cellar is like now?? have asked my mom if she has any photos from when we...
  8. nechells park old boy

pub in Cuckoo Road Aston

sorry to drag up a really old thread but my father owned this pub in the late 80's early 90's, if i remember correctly the previous owner went by the name of "bud" and was there from the mid 70's, the cellar was dry in 87 and only started to fill up around 89, we had seven trent out to test the...
  9. nechells park old boy

Moriarty's - Lawley Middleway - Curzon Circle

Hi first post :-) this was always called the white tower, Moriartys refers to Tom Moriarty who was the last landlord of the gate at saltly, he moved there when they knocked it down, if my memory serves me right.
Back