• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by natty

1. N

Electoral roll 1936-1938 Archibald Price

Trying to findout where the above was located during those years. It was definitely Birmingham, probably Aston area. I can find him in 1939. He was bornin 1908. Would be grateful for any information. Thanks
  2. N

William Thomas Messenger

Thanks for your help. Where did you get the information regarding the other children who died young? Thanks
  3. N

William Thomas Messenger

Thanks. Ii'm beinning to think that Elizabeth Jane Griffiths may have been noted as Eliza Jane Griffiths. I see that in 1911 Edward William Messenger was in Winson Green according to the census and I have found what I believe t obe their other son Edwin in the workhouse infirmary as you...
  4. N

William Thomas Messenger

Hi I am searching for the above born 11.3.1901, inBirmingham I believe his mther was Elizabeth Jane Griffiths and father Edward William Messenger (born approx 1878) and he had a brther born 1910 Leonard Messenger, I cant find a 1901 census for any of them and only a 1911 census for Edward...
  5. N

Price Mary

Re: Mary Price Hi thanks for the replies. I see what you're saying re the wills when they were poorly (I know I've managed to get a couple of ancesters who have not much at all but were on the probate calendar). Leslam - I don't know if this was her - she died in 1888 i believe but not sure -...
  6. N

Nutting John

Hi again I wondered if anyone had the probate details for the above. He was born 1774 and died around 1860 and I would be interested to know to whom he left his estate. He was a customs and excise officer based around leicestershire area I believe. Thansk v much
  7. N

Price Mary

Hi I don't know if anyone can help I was looking to see if I can find the probate calendar details for Mary Price. She was married to a Joseph Price and lived at 86 Great Hampton Street, Birmingham. She died around 1888 and was born 1790 I was just interested to see how much and to whom she...
  8. N

Nutting Bros (Ltd) 206 Windsor Street, Aston Cross

Anyone have any photos or information regarding this company. My relatives were Nutting Bros and they were packing case makers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  9. N

HUnt

Sorry do you have an occupation for Arthur Hunt (husband) at all please?
  10. N

HUnt

Thanks v much Sue. Could you tell me their ages i the 1901 census so i can at least work out their birth dates. Thanks v much.
  11. N

HUnt

Hi I'm looking for birth, marriage and death dates for a Lilian Hunt she was married to Arthur Hunt and had 3 children, Doris Lilian Goodyear Hunt (born 1899), Gertrude Hunt (born 1894) and Arthur Hunt (born 1896). I'm guessing that Goodyear was her maiden name. If anyone can help that would be...
  12. N

price Thomas john

Re: Thomas john price Thanks ALberta. I am confused though as in the probate calendar he leaves to his wife Harriet who is teh right wife! And they were the parents of Edwin David Price so I'm not too sure what's going on here.
  13. N

Gerald Price, war records

Hi i was trying to see if a relative Gerald Price born 1898 in Birmingham to Clara and Edward (or Edwin ) David Price was in the war - I can find his brother Cyril's records. I did find one who signed up in Calcutta in 1916 - would this be right if he was in Calcutta - I'm a little confused...
  14. N

family tree printing

Hi can nyone help! I have input my family tree into Ancestry and have downloaded a GEO file and input into the Family Tree Builder software as it allows me to add marraige dates and occupations etc. However I would love to know how I can print it showing all information. It has 6 generations and...
  15. N

price Thomas john

Re: Thomas john price Suzanne - thanks obviously his widow must have moved from there after his death,. Thanks Mike
Back