• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MWS's latest activity

• MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Old street pics...
    Re : aerial photos of Miller St. post #5710. Here are 3 maps from 1950. I've attempted to rotate the first 2 to line them up with the...
    • Miller St 1.jpg
    • Miller St 2.jpg
    • Miller St 3.jpg
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to A Sparks's post in the thread Centenary Square development 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Starting to look smart, I like the way the Town Hall and Council House reflect in the glass of the new buildings.
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Lloyd's post in the thread City Centre Photographs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A pre war close up of Worcester Street shops. (New St station behind, and the market hall [foreground] both lost their rooves to bombing...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread THE COST OF PROGRESS with Appreciate Appreciate.
    It seems there’s nothing new in the views expressed about Birmingham’s development in the name of progress. An 1880s view ...... Viv...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread City Centre Photographs.
    Britain From Above have some photos showing those buildings. Here's one, there might be better ones...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Bob Davis's post in the thread City Centre Photographs with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thanks to Robt and his expertise in improving photographs, I have at long last found the photos I took ook with my all new...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Astoness's post in the thread ASTON HALL ROAD with Appreciate Appreciate.
    few photos...
  • MWS
    There's a William & Selina Callow living in Holyhead Road on 1911 census. He is listed as a Gold Bracelet Maker though. One of his...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Brasscaster's post in the thread Criminal Records with Appreciate Appreciate.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Criminal Records.
    There's a possible record on findmypast - lists him as Harry or John Henry or Harry or Reginald Harry - Enderson or Rogers or Allport...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Criminal Records with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The Scotsman, March 1921...Callous Bigamist
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Ronandoran's post in the thread Smith Street 1914 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thank you pjmburns, sounds like a complicated system to research.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Smith Street 1914.
    That's good, wasn't sure I was looking at the right person. Was it Michael Neill rather than O'Neill? Seems to be just Neill on the...
  • MWS
    I see from Alfred's birth certificate that Annie was married before to a (George ?) Morris. Did she marry again before Savage?
  • MWS
    Here are a list of Bham sub-districts... https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/birmingham.html