• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MWS's latest activity

• MWS
    MWS replied to the thread MILLS, John Thomas.
    In 1921 he is listed as Willings, with his widowed father in Rowley Regis parish. He is listed as a Chain Stricker Iron. I assume that...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Queens Hotel Stephenson Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thought I had posted this yesterday, but did not press post button !! Sounds like Mr Battersby was a bit of a showman.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Queens Hotel Stephenson Street.
    Lyn, they appear to have had one son who married and had 2 sons before they all emigrated to New Zealand in the early 1950s.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Queens Hotel Stephenson Street.
    A sad end... '...Birmingham inquest to-day on Lawrence Vernon Battersby (aged 36), a barman at a city hotel, who was found gassed in...
  • MWS
    John Thomas Wellings was reg. Jun qtr 1886 Dudley (which covers Netherton) mmn Mills. Arthur Wellings and Mary Ann Mills marriage reg...
  • MWS
    He was registered as Wellings.
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to theodore's post in the thread MILLS, John Thomas with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi All Have checked the records for John Thomas Wellings and i am sure he is the John Thomas Mills who enlisted in the Worcesters...
  • MWS
    There is a Chelsea Pension Record for a Joseph Wellings of about the right age who appears to be in the Worcestershire Regiment. I think...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread MILLS, John Thomas with Appreciate Appreciate.
    He signed the papers on 5th May 1903 and gave his age as 18 years and 1 month.
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to Astoness's post in the thread MILLS, John Thomas with Appreciate Appreciate.
    far as i know they dont mark which has always surprised me...just gives ages in years and months..it does give names of parents and...
  • MWS
    Thanks Lyn, I couldn't remember if one of the less common ones listed it or not.
  • MWS
    Do any of his army records lists a full dob?
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Shakespeare family with Appreciate Appreciate.
    1945 and 1950 eroll possibles 110 Beauchamp Road Hall Green
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to stuart1635's post in the thread Queens Road Aston (not Erdington) with Appreciate Appreciate.
    What a great forum. I'm not from Aston but my grand parents lived No 4 Queens Road. They didn't get a mention but it was great reading...
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread Shakespeare family.
    James & Doris (nee Jones) Shakespeare 1/70 Highgate St in 1939, Hullbrook Road in 1955. ERs (1945 & 1950) are probably the only info...
Back