• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by mujib ahsan

1. M

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Yes, the health and safety standards of the time were pretty shocking especially what we know now. Let's just say the people of that era were very resilient indeed and cut from a different cloth....
  2. M

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hiya, I will check with my dad this evening to see if he remembers Frank, my dad's speech is limited after his stroke, so we communicate on a basic level nowadays. He too used to cycle to work at 5am in the morning and did nightshifts (pretty remarkable work ethic if you ask me, I was only 5-6...
  3. M

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi Lyn, Very sorry to hear that, my father who now has dementia and is 87 still remembers Len very fondly from all those years again and his time at WB. I wish Len's family my best regards. He was true gentlemen of his time. Kind Regards M
  4. M

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi Len, My father used to work with you at Amington Rd and you was his supervisor for many years, he was a quality control inspector dealing with car bumpers. He work for WB between 1973 - 1982 I think. Please let me know if you remember him. Many thanks M
Back