• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by MSB

1. MSB

David Trevor - Help

Hello TH1 Apologies for the belated response, I've not been an active BHF user for a while. I'm the Great Great Grandson of David Trevor, so we're related insofar as we have common ancestors in David Trevor and wife Phoebe (nee Mavity) the parents of both David and his brother William, and...
  2. MSB

David Trevor - Help

Brilliant work there @mikejee - many thanks for taking time on that. 28th August 1915, the date on the magazine, was also David Trevor's 87th birthday, so it's quite possible that the photo session was a celebratory occasion, hence the three generations picture taken at the same time (ie "C'mon...
  3. MSB

David Trevor - Help

It is definitely David Trevor. He's holding a copy of The Great War magazine. I have a copy of an almost identical shot taken at the same sitting, but being a photo of a photo the magazine title is indistinct. There is also a third photo from the sitting with David, son Harry and oldest grandson...
  4. MSB

David Trevor - Help

Thank you again. David's son Harry joined the RAOB around the outbreak of WW1, shortly before David passed away, so I was curious about whether or not fraternal lodges were a family tradition. It's a good job Jim Mace saw the funny side of the 1902 Punch and Judy show, given his distinguished...
  5. MSB

David Trevor - Help

Thank you again @Susan D - my Library findmypast account has a monthly limited use restriction which means I'll have to wait until April to follow the links. I'm relieved to report that the photo of David holding the Great War magazine wasn't post-mortem, although he was definitely getting on...
Back