• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Mrs T

1. Mrs T

Stockland Inn Hotel

I took these photos today, the pub will now be know as the Village Green, it will be a Flaming Grill Family Pub, owned by The Spirit group. Meant to be opening end of July/early August.
  2. Mrs T

Stockland Inn Hotel

Bit of an up-date about "The Stockland" The Chinese Restaurant (Modern China) that it became closed down a while ago, the building was left alone...until last week when planning permission went up on the doors, seeking permission for a few alterations to able it to be used again as a pub :-)
  3. Mrs T

Erdington Grammar School

Connie Lucas was my lovely aunt, sadly she passed away a few years ago.
  4. Mrs T

St Barnabas Church Erdington

The church yesterday. Wooden fencing down,grounds are been sorted out.
  5. Mrs T

Sutton Park

My friends daughter is over from New Zealand,and over the weekend they went to Sutton Park and came across the cows that roam there. She baffled him with a simple question: Why are their cows there? We have googled but couldn't come up with an answer...... Over to you guys :-)
  6. Mrs T

St Barnabas Church Erdington

https://news.bbc.co.uk/local/birmingham/hi/people_and_places/newsid_9392000/9392084.stm Has details about the re-build and the open day.
  7. Mrs T

Hidson rd/ Woolmore rd Erdington date built

I walk round those roads most days with the dog,it's a nice stroll :-)
  8. Mrs T

King Kong Statue

More on King Kong in today Birmingham Mail https://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/02/01/birmingham-s-king-kong-campaign-goes-bananas-97319-28088991/
  9. Mrs T

King Kong Statue

King Kong... This is from todays Birmingham Mail: https://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/01/25/king-kong-statue-could-be-heading-back-to-birmingham-97319-28046951/ I remember my Uncle rounding up all my cousins and taking us up Town to see him.
  10. Mrs T

Brookvale Park & Witton Lakes

I dread to imagine what they would find in it now if it was dredged......shudder.
  11. Mrs T

Chiles

Pension Record Name:Major Albert Chiles Estimated birth year:abt 1872 Age at Enlistment:19 Birth Parish:Birmingham Birth County:Warwickshire Document Year:1891 Regimental Number:2387
  12. Mrs T

Chiles

? Name:Major Albert Chiles Estimated birth year:abt 1871 Age at Enlistment:46 Residence:166 Arden Rd, Saleby B'hm Document Year:1917 Regimental Number:325797
  13. Mrs T

The Crooked House at Himley

Yes Jean will be going back,been twice this year so far. It's ok for the kids too,small playground there which they enjoy as much as the quirky pub :-)
  14. Mrs T

A taste of the very tasty food...Fish and Chips,Warm Chicken Salad,Bread and butter pudding with a advocaat laced custard,warm chocolate tart with amaretto ice cream.
  15. Mrs T

There isn't a pool table anymore,well I didn't see one. The room where the kids were rolling marbles is on the right as you go in,you have to push the door up to open it......large room at the rear where we ate. Food was lovely,expensive but well worth it.
Back