• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Mrs Bear 51

1. M

Aston Village - location or building?

Thanks for your response, but it was Charlotte Busby I was interested in, a Servant at 'Aston Village'. Was she simply a servant living in the area of Aston Village, or was she a servant at an address called Aston Village?
  2. M

Aston Village - location or building?

Greetings, I'm looking at a bit of distant family history and have found a relative in the 1861 Census listed at 'Aston Village', in Aston Manor, Birmingham. She is a lady called Charlotte Busby, shown to be a servant at this location. The previous location on the census is Pump House. So I...
  3. M

Death in Meiktila, Burma, in 1903 - The King's (Liverpool Regiment).

Hi Jane - are you still looking into the Clowes family? I have been passed some pictures from a family friend of an old gent who died a year or so ago aged 91, whose mother's maiden name was Clowes. Her father was George Clowes, son of Baddely Clowes. I think Baddeley Joseph Clowes was Elvino's...
  4. M

Help to ID the location of a photo of Prince George Inn

Thank your for sorting that out.
  5. M

It's a work of art - thank you!
  6. M

Is there any way to get the picture on one of the other threads for lost pubs etc, please. When I look at this thread, all I see is my jpg, not very enticing/exciting to say the least.
  7. M

Wowzers - I think it is the same one, obviously a slightly different angle, and it looks like it has had some 'modernisation' done since my picture was taken, but from the design etc, I'd say it was the same place. When you say Crabtree Road is it the one that runs off Clissold Street? With the...
  8. M

Hello all, I have been passed a number of pictures from a family who have no known living relatives. Amongst them is this one - a street scene including the Prince George Inn. The family had links to Birmingham, certainly Handsworth, Sparkhill and Aston and I wondered anyone could say if it was...
  9. M

Cross Street, parish of St Philips, Birmingham.

Thank you - I was hoping that she was a prospective daughter in law or granddaughter, but if she was born around 1806, then clearly not. I wondered if she might be a sister-in-law, but his wife's name was Sarah Smith, so little or no chance of trying to find any siblings easily. Thank you for...
  10. M

Fabulous - thank you. Just got to try to work out if they were related somehow, or if she was just a friend or whatever. Jo
  11. M

Greetings, I have a death cert for a man I believe to be my 3rd Great Grandfather - Joseph BRITTLE, who died September 1859 at 3 Cross Street, parish of St Philips. I'm trying to establish if it is 'my' Joseph BRITTLE or just a man with the same. The profession appears consistent from census...
  12. M

The Oaklands, Hagley Road, Birmingham

It was the address (The Oaklands) of the birth of Frederick's child with Lucy Fellows Postlethwaite (his legitimate wife) that was the query - I wondered if it was a medical facility of some sort or (as it now appears) the home address of a mate.
  13. M

Hi, Yes, he has a number of 'wives' according to each Census. I am yet to find any formal marriage records for any of them, only Lucy Fellows Postlethwaite. I am quite happy that Edith is his child as her birth is the subject of a number of newspaper announcements in 1859, although she is never...
  14. M

I think he was not a very nice person!
  15. M

That explains the Kenilworth link then... it all seems so trivial!
Back