• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Mr B

1. M

Deathridge

My nan's maiden name was Deathridge. Else. Born around 1916. Married Bernard Bull. He had a butcher's shop on Stockfield Road Yardley until he retired approx 1976. My nan (Else nee Deathridge) was a jahovas witness and worked at Cadburys. Nan spoke about the fruit. Veg and flower markets of Brum.
  2. M

Perry Common Erdington

OldMohawk. No house work done today. Or cases packed. (Away for a week) and i can tell you ITS ALL YOUR FAULT. That link you sent me re the maps is FANTASTIC. Hours later and a few battery re charges later and I'm in the dog house. I've gone through all the different types of maps. Different...
  3. M

Perry Common Erdington

Well. What a morning I've had. Watched the video of the hospital burning down. I thought news readers only spoke like that during the war years. The building that replaced that was knocked down last year and the derelict ground is behind boarding. I know this as I've downloaded a street map...
  4. M

Perry Common Erdington

Wow. Ill have to play it on the laptop as my android phone wont work with flash player. Ive just got to find out where the power button is on the laptop. It seems funny that we now think of laptops as old technology and rely so heavily on our phones. I'll dig that A to Z out later too...
  5. M

Perry Common Erdington

Hi oldMohawk. Thanks for the pics. Yes. I can see the school from the bedroom window beyond the the stones. The outline of the windows are distinctive but with the trees in full leaf at the moment is not possible to work out where the photographer actually stood. A task for the winter i think...
  6. M

Perry Common Erdington

Mystery solved. After speaking to a resident earlier today on Broomhill Road re me opening a discussion on your site. She has confirmed the school on Hastings road erected the stones in the last 18 or so years as part of their Story Wood adventures to encourage the youngsters in nature. I still...
  7. M

Perry Common Erdington

Hi. Spent a couple of days on this sight now looking for answers for the standing stones we can see at the rear of our house. Broomhill Road. Perry Common. New end near College Road built 1998. These gardens back on to an oval patch of ground that looks like a nature reserve with no access...
Back