• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by mossg

1. M

Lower Tower Street

Hi Bernie, At the other end of Tower street you had infant and junior school St George’s C of E. The nearest senior school would have been Summer Lane.
  2. M

Annoying Pop up

Peed off with it
  3. M

Ghost signs of Birmingham

I wonder what they might find when excavations begin on this land as the first Aston Villa football ground was on this spot ( I think )
  4. M

New unseen photos with no locations

Isn’t that pub The Grosvenor Arms?
  5. M

brearley street newtown.

Thank you both, that's just what I was looking for.
  6. M

brearley street newtown.

Thanks Mike I found the map it is 270 I am looking for not 217. 270 is just on the map, I always thought Brearley street only ran between newtown row and Gt Hampton row are there any more properties to the west of 270?
  7. M

Brearley Street

Good morning mikejee, mike would it be possible to show me the location of 270 Brearley street please. as i am trying to find a picture of it for an ex Summer Lane schoolgirl.
  8. M

The Bosted Boot

Thanks for that, have you any idea why it was the Bosted Boot?
  9. M

The Bosted Boot

Hi all I haven't been on the forum lately and I have a question, has anyone heard of a pub in Aston nicknamed THE BOSTED BOOT ? I would guess it had this nickname in the 1940s and 50s.
  10. M

Prince of Wales Summer Lane

I think this must be a token for use in The Prince of Wales club that was a few doors away from The Vine in Summer Lane.
  11. M

Tower street

Good morning Tower street, I attended St George primary & intfant school from about 1951 to 1956 and remember Ron? Bache, Keith & David Ashley. I lived in Hospital street myself.
  12. M

Tower street

My great grandparents lived there in 1901 in 1911 they were living in Lennox street, their name was Green. mossg
  13. M

Tower street

Hi all, I hope you are all well. The 1901 census shows my great grandparents living at No2 court 7.
  14. M

Summer Lane School

Most pupils favourite teacher especially if you liked sport. Many years after i left school i was having a social drink with Mr Reece ( another sport lover ) he told me that in his opinion Mr Edwards was the best teacher he ever worked with.
Back