• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by mossg

1. M

250 Newtown Row

Thanks to the both of you. Mike I think this must show the correct property as they lived there 1901 & 1911. Moss
  2. M

250 Newtown Row

I don’t get much time on the forum nowadays, but I hope one of our members can help me. I am looking for the location of 250 Newtown Row as a family member had a tripe/coffee house there in the late 1800s.moss
  3. M

Rose and crown..hospital/brearley st

I remember the Rose when Ken was the gaffer. As a youth I along with my brother Bill played for their football team “ Rosevilla “ when the pub closed we moved to the Stag, keeping the team name until a while later when it became “ Jumbos “ Happy days i loved the area. Moss. Stay in doors and...
  4. M

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted

Hello aston lad I often forget the bottom end of Potters Hill was Potters Lane, but after you kindly pointed it out I had another look at the map and have changed my mind and agree with Lyn and Mike the entry is on Park Lane.
  5. M

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted

Hi mike and Lyn, surely the entry at the reverse of Burlington Hall is on Potters Hill. Moss
  6. M

Pubs of Hockley/Newtown

Do any members remember this pub , It was only 200/300 yards away from The St Georges Tavern(The Lights) It was called The Britannia , on the corner of Tower Street and Hampton Street opposite St Georges Church It was another one with a nickname it was known to all of its regulars as JACK SHAWS...
  7. M

Pubs of Hockley/Newtown

Yes and a first for me Lyn. I came across this today I think it was copied from a book called Lost Pubs of Birmingham.
  8. M

Pubs of Hockley/Newtown

Yes Lyn what a great picture of The Lights, I’m told it got this name because of the huge lights that once hung over it’s doors.
  9. M

the star and garter

Hi Deborah, if the photo was taken during the war it must be a different Star and Garter , the one on the corner of Great Hampton Row and and Brearley St was open throughout the 1950s and early 60s. Mossg
  10. M

Waterworks Street And Grosvenor Rd Aston

You’re welcome Michael it’s pleased me to have brought back happy memories. Moss
  11. M

New John Street West & New John Street

I have just re posted a few pictures on the Asylum road link. moss
  12. M

Asylum Road

Last two
  13. M

Asylum Road

A few more
  14. M

Asylum Road

One or two pictures of Asylum road that I am sure have been on this thread before.
  15. M

New John Street West & New John Street

Thanks mike.