• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by mojorisin21

1. mojorisin21

Maggie - Introducing Myself To Forum Community

Re: Intorducing myself to forum community So you would be the original "Iron Man" then Alan? Bet they wrote the song about you!
  2. mojorisin21

The meaning of (what sounds lile) 'oil-tot' ?

I think that this was where the expression, "Well Oiled" evolved from. Meaning drunk, which ties in well with the example given by "farmerdave"
  3. mojorisin21

JELFS,, Arthur S, RAF Bomb Aimer kia 1943

A bit off thread Youngy, but did you hear that Terry Finch had passed away?
  4. mojorisin21

Burbury Street

I was at school with Seamus Cunningham. He was a year or two older than me. He went to Harry Lucas school, when the rest of us went to Blessed John Wall. The junior school was St Francis. I remember him being a very good boxer.
  5. mojorisin21

Maggie - Introducing Myself To Forum Community

Hi Maggie......I attended Blessed John Wall as well in the sixties. 64-68.
  6. mojorisin21

When Everyone Wore A Hat...

" Has anyone seen my straw hat? I've put it down somewhere, and can't for the life of me, remember where I put It!"
  7. mojorisin21

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Matelot you are quiet correct. "Nickers" club was held in the "Ridgeway Georgian" on Sunday nights, every week. And a great night it was too! Seen a couple of live bands there as well. Do you remember the DJ, Christo? Happy day's.
  8. mojorisin21

henry eric smart re-divorce

How strange! My sister lived at 129 Foremans Rd, sold up , and emigrated to Australia 30 years ago.
  9. mojorisin21

I must say, that of all the fine hats mentioned on here, my own personal favourite would have to be the fine woolen one. As introduced to us by the Afghanistan/Pakistan community. It was based on the Russian army style, which was copied by the Afghanistan tribes, when fighting the Russians. They...
  10. mojorisin21

Yes I'm afraid that, that's the problem with the world today.People are not wearing enough hat's!
  11. mojorisin21

Hare of the Dog Wellhead Tavern

Lyn I think that Gillian was referring to the trap door in the back room of The Wellhead Tavern, and not The Forge.
  12. mojorisin21

Pubs Of The Past

Rosie, who keeps "The Bull" in Price St, Also ran "The Woodman" once upon a time.
  13. mojorisin21

Gangs of Birmingham

Astonian, I can assure you, that you do not know the real story, Believe me, you are so far off the mark, It's untrue!
  14. mojorisin21

Baines the Bakers

"Rosie McCann, of The Bull, Price St fame, used to keep The Village Maid"
  15. mojorisin21

Family at War (1970) on DVD

My God! I used to fancy Barbara Flynn something rotten!
Back