• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by MoBo

1. M

old football photo

Hello, having look at the photo again it could very well be the man you have named, I confess I know nothing at all about football but the cup is definitely like the one on the villa history website.
  2. M

old football photo

Hello Dek, I think that the ragged school in the photo was the one in Balden Road, Harborne which moved from Gem Street to there in 1902. Our relative was born and brought up in Selly Park and we think he may have been the little boy in the photo. I still can't work out how the villa team came...
  3. M

old football photo

we thought that it could have been the aston villa team because the relative was a life long villa supporter
  4. M

old football photo

yes I have managed to magnify the inscription and it reads Ragged School 1910-11 the only thing I can tell you is that it was in some old photos of a relative who was born in Birmingham in 1902. It has intrigued me so I am hoping some one out there may be able to solve the puzzle
  5. M

old football photo

Here is the photo hope I have attached it correctly I am new to computing
  6. M

old football photo

I have an old football photo and know nothing about it except that they are cup winners and there is a small boy with a football with ragged school 1910 -11 written on it.Has anyone any information about the team or where the photo was taken?
Back