• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by mkeyfoo34

1. mkeyfoo34

Billy Kimber

Hereward Thanks for your reply it's so interesting on this thread please let me know anything else.....wish i could find proof of BK and Nan I know Mom and Nan went to Btighton a lot and also ran a Kiosk on Waterloo Station living in London at that time someone must have organised these trips...
  2. mkeyfoo34

Billy Kimber

Never heard of a Florrie Brooks ????.....My Nans name was Florrie Hall
  3. mkeyfoo34

Summer Lane Pubs

What asuper record of pubs in Summer Lane Can anyone tell me the name of a pub in the lane opposite the firm of Leopold Lazerus ??? it was on opposite corner as other pubs shown. Mike Leedham
  4. mkeyfoo34

Items that have faded away

Thanks Barrie for that......last time I had Dare's bitter was in Halesowen. in 1950s Mike.
  5. mkeyfoo34

Items that have faded away

Can you still buy Dare's Bitter??? Mike.
  6. mkeyfoo34

Birmingham in 1950s

Of course women went out to work from !940s Eveready Batteries company employed nearly all women in 1950s!......in Wolverhampton.
  7. mkeyfoo34

Billy Kimber

My Grandmother used to mention him coming from Summer Lane and then Brickiln Street? Mike.
  8. mkeyfoo34

Artists Who Painted Birmingham Landscapes

Mike I have watercolour by B'ham Artist name David Newton.....ever heard of him ? Mike
  9. mkeyfoo34

Definition of “Brummie”, “Astonian” etc

Hi Mike.......I entirely agree with you.....there was no nastiness meant in my post mate. Mike.
  10. mkeyfoo34

My mother lived at 32 Landsdowne Road Handsworth in early 30s.....and then next to Botanical gardens. Mike.
  11. mkeyfoo34

Mike G....I don't think agel an omma is Brummie.... in fact the Black Country lot wouldn't like you to claim that, it refers to the chainmekers in Netherton. Mike.
  12. mkeyfoo34

Billy Kimber

Thanks Postie and SMTR......a good start! Mike.
  13. mkeyfoo34

Billy Kimber

Does anyone know where Billy Kimber lived in Birmingham. Mike.
  14. mkeyfoo34

The Birth of Lawn Tennis

My Grandma lived in the house next to the Botanical Gardens in the 1930s, no photos anywhere though. Mike.
  15. mkeyfoo34

Artists Who Painted Birmingham Landscapes

That's fine thank's Mike
Back