• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by mjay

1. M

Steelhouse Lane Police Station..the End Of An Era

Look forward to seeing your photos. We visited today but unfortunately didn't stay for the ceremony.
  2. M

Hooper Albert 1888

Thanks Albert served in Mesopotamia WW1 May was Alberts sister I believe she was the youngest, also believe she married William Lears Oct 1913 in Birmingham thanks again :-)
  3. M

Hooper Albert 1888

Re: Albert Hooper 1888 Another question I have, Is it possible to find Alberts family on electoral roll from 1921 address 18 Winson St to 1924 when family believe they left to move to Bilston. Or is it something we have to wait patiently for 1921 census :-( thanks
  4. M

Hooper Albert 1888

Re: Albert Hooper 1888 That's great thank you appreciate the look up.
  5. M

Hooper Albert 1888

Hi all sorry I've not posted for a while, but I have been keeping up with what's discussed, I have lots of questions regarding my great grandad, hoping you can help, i have completed a search on here for shoe shops, occupations, and companies. Where would I find out or start looking for info on...
  6. M

Lady Leaver has information on the following surnames.

Hi Lady Leaver Only just spotted this post looks interesting I'm interested in the following family names you have on your list Hunt, Nichols, Yates. Thank you Inbox me if you need anymore info Thanx again Mandy
  7. M

Where was his station

Thank you George appreciate the help :-)
  8. M

Where was his station

I've been googling but with no luck does anyone have any photos of the police station, my great great grandad was prob based at, or streets around it he lived in Barford Rd, winson st, moiliette st, or Henry or is it Henley st Thanx
  9. M

Crowley family

Hi Briony Nice to meet you I don't recognise any of your names, I have looked at what relations I have found, sorry but there's none that match, will keep my eyes open in case anything turns up. Good luck with your search Mandy
  10. M

Hooper family info please

Yes that's them and Mary goes on to run Prince Alfred Tavern in great Lister st age 81 ish. However we couldnt find a pub and have since found it wasn't a pub but she was licensed to sell alcohol. Thanx for the look ups so far much appreciated Looking forward to what else you guys can dig up x
  11. M

Hooper family info please

Hope this in the right place please move if not Looking for any info on my great Grandad's brothers also if they did or didn't serve in ww1 Parents were John Crawford Hooper & Mary Ann Cummings William Hooper1871-1919 (48) pre war he was a car cleaner trams. Also family think he was...
  12. M

Where was his station

Thank you everyone, again some interesting reading there. Mandy x
  13. M

Warstone Lane Cemetery

Thank you everyone some interesting reading Very much appreciated Mandy x
  14. M

Where was his station

Hi Rosie Thanx for the quick reply Look forward to Astonian looking in on this one then x Thanx Mandy x
  15. M

Warstone Lane Cemetery

My great great grandad John C Hooper (policeman) is buried in warstone lane cemetary. If anyone is visiting would they mind taking a photo of the area he is buried in please, thats if it is possible to do so Thanks He is buried in a public grave section p grave no 1582 Thank you Mandy x
Back