• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

mizzyjo's latest activity

• mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    brilliant photo kieron...all gone now of course... lyn
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to www.midlandspubs.co.uk's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have a rather unusual view of Watery Lane that is probably filed under street furniture. It is actually labelled Garrison Lane which...
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo replied to the thread Watery Lane.
    How can I get to see the pictures that are being mentioned please?
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to Minski's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    My grandfather was born in Watery Lane in 1903. His mum gave birth to him illegitimately at the age of 17 and had a baby daughter there...
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to John J Pegg's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The greengrocers was on the opposite side of Kingston Hill to the Barrel. The shop next door to the Barrel on Kingston Hill was...
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to sheri's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    My mothers family on both sides lived there for many years - she moved away I think in 1931 when her mother died. I have suspicions...
  • mizzyjo
    This shop is directly opposite no 200 where I lived. At the time I was there it was owned by a young couple who had a baby whilst I was...
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to exwag's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
  • mizzyjo
    No, the house numbers weren't odds and evens Mike. My next door neighbours were 199 and 201. My granddads shop was 216 and the White...
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to MikeP's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    That is interesting, I have a wedding certificate for my Great Grandparents, Thomas James Jones and Eliza Bramley in 1885. Their...
  • mizzyjo
    Yes, I lived at no 200. Quite happy there till we were infested by bed bugs from new neighbours! haaha But they were all friendly...
  • mizzyjo
    I loved the Peaky Blinders, but looking at the mock-up of the street, if you wanted the loo, you would have to run to the end of the...
  • mizzyjo
    mizzyjo reacted to Sheila's post in the thread Watery Lane with Appreciate Appreciate.
    There was a Green grocers shop a couple of doors away from me in Watery Lane on the corner opposite the Barrel pub
  • mizzyjo
    Hi everyone. Not been on here for a while. I've just downloaded some photo's of Watery Lane. I'm interested because my granddad had a...
  • mizzyjo
    Further down was the White Hart, number 215 Watery Lane. My granddad had a bicycle hire shop across the road, that was number 216!! I...
    • Watery Lane, with granddads shop on corner of Keeley Street.jpg
    • Watery Lane unknown date.jpg
    • 6 Court, 68-71 Watery Lane.png
    • Watery Lane 1930's (4).png
    • Watery Lane 1950's.jpg
    • Watery Lane 68-71.png
Back