• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Missy74

1. M

old family photos

yes i believe he was a parachuter at some point.
  2. M

old family photos

i wonder if anyone could identify the cap badges please
  3. M

old family photos

I have some more info on the picture of the bridge with the horse and rider statue Truss arch bridge, cologne, north rhine-westphalia, germany. It crosses the river rhine. A steel bridge built in 1907 ( completed in 1911) destroyed in 1945.
  4. M

old family photos

This is the picture of a visit by HRH on the back it says " HRH inspecting the C.P.R.E or that last one could possibly be a C.
  5. M

old family photos

i would love to know who the cheeky chap in the back ground is lol
  6. M

old family photos

I have a picture of HRH on an inspection but i cant upload it because the file is to large and im not technological
  7. M

old family photos

i do have a few more pictures but i am unable to upload them.
  8. M

old family photos

hi all ive found some old photographs of my nans husband, I know he was part of the 57th heavy anti craft regiment, royal artillery. He was at one point based in germany, i also believe he served in india for a period of time. Would love to hear of anyone who has a relative included in the pictures.
  9. M

Albany Hotel

hi im trying to locate the where abouts of a chef called francois I dont have a lot to go on except that he worked at the albany hotel in the late 1970's and i believe he relocated back to france. If anyone could give me any information it would be greatly appreciated.
  10. M

shepton mallet gaol

This is the record that i have, Im wondering if the " breaking out of camp" is in reference to a military camp maybe.
  11. M

shepton mallet gaol

hi i know this is not birmingham based but just looking for a bit of advice. I have a gaol record for an ancestor, in the column stating previous convictions it says militia, also he was sentenced for breaking out of camp, he was 17 years old. Could anyone tell me what kind of camp it would have...
  12. M

Shenley Fields

try " birmingham childrens home project"
  13. M

Vauxhall Road

these are brilliant thank you
  14. M

Vauxhall Road

I wonder if anyone remembers or has a picture of the Vauxhall working boys home from 1940ish
  15. M

Shenley Fields

did you manage to get a copy
Back