• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by mindy1459

1. mindy1459

Wyatt John

2. mindy1459

Wyatt John

3. mindy1459

Wyatt John

Hi Phil, I have added a picture of John Wyatt's gravestone, please see below.
  4. mindy1459

Wyatt John

5. mindy1459

Wyatt John

Hello Lady P, I thought you would like a copy of this picture that I have had on my pc for a long long time, however, I failed to make a note of where I got it from. I hope this is ok to post it here.
  6. mindy1459

shadwell street

Thank you so much Mikejee, the map and information you have provided gives me a better insight to my grandfathers life, I am currently working on a chronological timeline of his life, although I have had some training, map reading still defeats me. Your help is very much appreciated. Also thank...
  7. mindy1459

shadwell street

8. mindy1459

shadwell street

I'd like to ask Mikejee if he could tell me which house/dwelling was number 1 in Little Shadwell Street. This is the address that says my grandfather was born there on his birth certificate, he was born in 1904. It is only a short street, and I've walked up and down it, but am confused as to...
  9. mindy1459

Peters Own Story -peter Walker

What a lovely story, and thank you for sharing it with us.
  10. mindy1459

Pubs Of The Past

I was born at the Heathfield Road Maternity Hospital, and my dad was 'busy' wetting the baby's head in this pub the Stork.
  11. mindy1459

Charabanc Outing

Thank you Phil. My next question is, can anyone put a name to the pub?
  12. mindy1459

Charabanc Outing

I have a picture, from my late Grandfather's collection, of a group of men about to set off for an outing. Can anyone shed a bit of light as to where they are starting from. I have zoomed in on the top left hand corner of the photo, but sadly cannot make out what it says. My Grandfather and...
  13. mindy1459

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

I am glad you mentioned about 'old maps' Mike, because I had been having trouble accessing them and thought it was me doing something wrong.
  14. mindy1459

Sutton Coldfield War Memorial

Although I found him on CWGC, I have yet to find Herbert W Green on census. However, I have found another one: KELLEY, VICTOR JAMES (surname spelt Kelly in census) Rank: Private Service No: 7531 Date of Death: 08/07/1917 Age: 19 Regiment/Service: The King's (Liverpool Regiment) 10th Bn...
  15. mindy1459

Sutton Coldfield War Memorial

Herbert William Green, I also found him today Janice. Thank you, we are inching our way forward on these names. Trish
Back