• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Millwright 1968 to 1982

1. M

William Newman & Sons Ltd., Hospital St., B’ham

Hi Again Great photos - some a little before my time - One of the football pictures did jog my memory a little and I think the small blonde haired chap was Colin Howard (his uncle Fred worked in the Polishing shop) Signing off for a while now back later. Kindest regards Phil
  2. M

Hi Derek, your recollections are greatly received. As yet haven't come across your photo's - which I'm hoping will put names to faces. Got to dash right now but will continue later. Kindest regards
  3. M

Handsworth Grammar King Edward Boys' Grammar Grove Lane

Hi This year HGS has become King Edward VI Handsworth Grammar School For Boys The badge shows the Staffordshire knot and a bridge in Perry Barr (both the school and Perry Barr were in Staffordshire until 1911) The school song starts off - To the old bridge trust we sing this song, to the...
  4. M

Handsworth Grammar King Edward Boys' Grammar Grove Lane

Hi Beachmaster, Ok the year below and so many years ago can't think of any names in that year. The Teachers yes more names you have jogged from memories long past. Mr Stevenson he smacked Harris coming out of the showers with a sports shoe and you could read the 'mirrored' Dunlop name on a...
  5. M

The little red shop,soho road.

Hi Beachmaster, like you I only joined this week as I heard there was a thread on William Newman & sons on this web sites forum. Then stumbled across this thread when I searched Handsworth Grammar. Also like you again, I was 5 in 1958 however I started at Rookery Rd. School before going to...
  6. M

Newman Tonks - Newtown

Hi - I posted a thread on 'William Newman and Sons' last night (first time I had ever come across this forum) and hadn't seen this thread before - Hope Sue and Duncan are well - it's crazy - I used to correspond with Instock in Aldridge trying to get favourable Hardware costs to offer some of my...
  7. M

Hi Derek and Dave, Many thanks to both of you, you have helped jog my failing memory - I really appreciate your recollection of names etc at William Newmans / Newman Tonks. Me and my schoolmate (both 15 year olds) started in1968 shortly before Christmas - we both went through the Training Scheme...
Back