• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Mike Shakespeare

1. M

Smethwick

Sorry, my mistake - I was replying to Paul.
  2. M

Smethwick

Was it the one near to the baths (Coopers or Shewards) or the one at the top near the Station/High Street?
  3. M

Smethwick

Was that Coopers/Shewards (by the baths) or the one at the top near the Station?
  4. M

Kings Royal Rifles

My Great Uncle Lance Corporal Jeffrey Robert Shakespeare R/239 was in the KRRC - missing in action in the somme - 22nd Aug 1916 (his first days at the Somme....)
  5. M

Smethwick

I lived in Rolfe Street until 1963 and went to school at Crockets lane.
  6. M

Isacc Jennings....... Help!

Try this site wendy - could bring up a result - but beware, you will be on it for hours. Its a compelling site. https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/forms/formMain.jsp I wish you luck in your search....
  7. M

Kynoch's I M I 1950s Onwards

Can't remember if I have posted this picture before, but it's an aerial view of the site (don't know what date)
  8. M

marriage info

Hi Lorraineb - Lots of Shakespeare information on this website. https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~shakespeare/
  9. M

Parents of our parents.

Oops.. attached this time These are my Grandparents on my Fathers side. GM 4th from left - rear row, Aunt, then GF. Picture from the early 20's
  10. M

Parents of our parents.

These are my Grandparents on my Fathers side. GM 4th from left - rear row, Aunt, then GF. Picture from the early 20's
  11. M

Societies: Loyal Caledonian Corks Society

I have a picture of a relative ?? who I am yet to identify, in the regalia of the Corks. Any ideas on how I could go about this?
  12. M

Lewis's Department Store

I can't remeber that time, but I had a smile on my face, so he must have been OK....
  13. M

Lewis's Department Store

Exactly the same Father Christmas and backdrop as my picture posted a few pages earlier............
  14. M

We Shall Remember Them

Thanks Sylviasayers, I am going to the Library next week to check it out.
  15. M

We Shall Remember Them

My Dad was in Palestine around the same time as you Geff, here's his picture.. (middle one on the second picture) Also can any one help with the cartoon drawn by my Great uncle Jeffrey Shakespeare (missing in action Aug 1916 - tha Battle of Delville). I want to know which Birmingham newspaper...
Back