• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by midrednut

1. M

55th Anniversary of the opening of the M1

Modern day drivers are very sceptical about the speeds these coaches achieved bur w were there! No crash barriers but also very little other traffic either, especially anything capable of keeping up with or catching them. A pal in Torbay remembers litterally bieng 'blown away' i his Bond mini...
  2. M

55th Anniversary of the opening of the M1

Believe me they went a lot quicker than 80mph. When one went round MIRA with the press on board they were naturally impressed and amazed at the 86mph achieved. When asked about this Donald Sinclair replied that they would be 'turned down' for service. Drivers were advised not to exceed 100mph on...
Back