• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by MickyMetro

1. M

Bull Family

Hi Rob, I have received the attached Merchant/Bull marriage certificate and although it has the name Annie Bull I believe it to be our Harriett Bull because she is described as a widow, the age is correct and her address is given as Allcock Street which joins Liverpool Street where she was...
  2. M

Bull Family

Hi Rob, Re. Electoral Roll. Thank you for the info. I assume you mean 217 Bordesley Green. After George Henry Bull married Elizabeth Gertrude Halvorsen they went to live with Fanny Fryer at 217 Bordesley Green. Fanny Fryer was Elizabeth Halvorsen's auntie, i.e. Elizabeth's mother was Ellen...
  3. M

Bull Family

Hi Rob, Do you know the Bull's grave locations within the Yardley Wood and All Saints Kings Heath cemeteries so I can pay them a visit and get some photos. Thanks, Mike.
  4. M

Bull Family

Hi Rob, George Henry Bull is my daughter-in-law's great grandfather. I am research her side of the family but the Bull side is proving difficult. Yes, it could be the A.A. Bull in the 1901 census married Henry Merchant, we will have to see what the marriage certificate says. I have attached the...
  5. M

Bull Family

Hi Rob, I have checked over the electoral registers at Birmingham library from 1920 onwards looking for the Bull family. The registers from 1920 onwards are in printed books and easy to use, prior to 1920 they are on microfilm and take ages to sift through. At 16 Sycamore Terrace, Wolseley...
  6. M

Bull Family

Hi Rob, I too have been searching for Frank Bull. I thought I had it sussed when I found a marriage of Frank Bull to Harriett Clark in 1882 at London but on obtaining the certificate Frank's father's name and occupation is wrong. Also I got the birth certificate of our ancestor, Frank's son...
Back