• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Michelle Yates

1. M

MOXHAM, James b. 1794/5 Birmingham

Thank you so much everyone! It seems that this James is the son of my direct ancestor, Thomas Moxham. The age, place of birth and trade all point to this. I’m still puzzled by the baptism record though. It seems so bizarre to have apparently made an error on both the name and gender of the baby...
  2. M

Yes, my James got 14 years too. So this clipping is probably him. The timing seems right too. Thank you so much!
  3. M

Ooh, very interesting! Thank you so much. Where did you find this information? Much appreciated.
  4. M

In the New South Wales Gazette it advertised trades people who were convicts but were becoming free men. Sept 30th1841 was his freedom date, he left England in 1819 and arrived in NSW in Jan 1820. It showed their name, the ship they came in on (Prince Regent in this case) and their trade: a good...
  5. M

Hello! I have a Moxham mystery. I wonder if you guys could help, please? I have found information that a James Moxham, apparently born in 1794 and baptised in 1795 in Birmingham to Thomas and Sarah Moxham was sent to Australia on a convict ship. Thomas Moxham was a gun maker. There is a...
Back