• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by maz

1. M

Burlington St Schools

Thank you Aston Lad so much for letting me be privileged to one of the moments with my dad, its made me smile as that sounds just like my dad, but i agree you did get off lightly if you had, but that was the times were children could get told off. do you remember Joan and Charlie Harwood an had...
  2. M

Dennis Road County Primary School

Thank You Aston Lad, and you may have delivered our papers, we lived on the front 112 right by the wall and the wood yard was there on Philips st, my brothers Steven and Raymond Scattergood went to Upper Thomas Street when you did. My parents were Betty an Reg Scattergood,
  3. M

The Retreat Public House

my mom worked in claredon arms untill 1969 when we moved and i was told was a very good bar maid (betty) an it was reggies 2nd home
  4. M

Clarenden arms pub

wow thank you so much that pic has brought so many memories back, my mom (betty) worked there and i can remember waiting for my dad to come out and give me and my friend (Denise Harwood) orange an crisps
  5. M

Dennis Road County Primary School

hello Aston lad just wanted to ask do you have any pics of 1966 on wards at Burlington st school? an my family also lived on Clarendon st my mom worked at clarendon pub on corner, thank you (but we lived at bottom) the back to back
  6. M

Burlington St Schools

yes he is there was Steven Raymond Martin Marie and Colin, there parents were Reg and Betty lived in Clarendon St
Back