• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

maypolebaz's latest activity

• M
    maypolebaz reacted to Eric Gibson's post in the thread Telephone scams 2020 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Just had a google of your question and this came up, it's US but I'd guess the same applies here...
  • M
    maypolebaz replied to the thread disgusting food.
    "Putu" is the sound you make as you spit it out !
  • M
    maypolebaz replied to the thread sayings.
    "Duck" I remember it was in use when I was a junior Brummie. However Stoke use it a lot.
  • M
    Waitrose sell it !
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread disgusting food with Appreciate Appreciate.
    wasn't they in star trek maurice
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to Lumpammer's post in the thread sayings with Appreciate Appreciate.
    If he fell off the Co-op he’d fall in the divi
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread sayings with Appreciate Appreciate.
    One Brummie adaptation for a lucky person... "If he fell off Lewis's, he’d fall into a new suit." In place of "If he fell in a bucket...
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread sayings with Appreciate Appreciate.
    "When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading."
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread sayings with Appreciate Appreciate.
    If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't, paint it!:grinning:
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to Smudger's post in the thread sayings with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Boys are especially cruel. We called flat busted girls `planks`. I remember one girl who we planked, & a mate said he saw her when she...
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to ChrisM's post in the thread Homeguard with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have only just realised - or reminded myself following his comment - that our Geff is in fact the gentleman who very kindly sent me...
  • M
    maypolebaz replied to the thread Homeguard.
    I'm pretty sure there's a photo on this thread showing a group of HG men waiting on a railway platform. They're wearing gaiters, some...
  • M
    maypolebaz replied to the thread sayings.
    A couple of additions, if I may....... "I've seen more meat on a chicken's lip". "I've seen more meat on a bone handled knife". One I...
  • M
    My wife grew up on a farm in a little town, which sits on the Cheshire/Staffordshire border, called Alsager. She talks about her uncle...
  • M
    maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Storm Dennis with Appreciate Appreciate.
    thathathats all foks i am going to bed now i was up all last night with the wind row nos da, goodnight all