• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Mayfield

1. Mayfield

Defford road..

Hi - the greengrocers was on the corner of Defford Road and Guthrie Street. I remember it well. Refer to photograph #5.
  2. Mayfield

Ogwen Cottage Mountain School, Bethesda

I went to Ogwen Cottage around June/July 1967. While there, we helped in the filming of a TV commercial for a brand of dog food (Lassie, I think) - a border collie helping the mountain rescue team. Happy memories. Mabz
  3. Mayfield

Raymond Froggatt RIP

I was fortunate to see Froggie in concert - he was an incredible performer on stage and his songs and lyrics hit the hearts of his many loyal fans. A totally underrated performer. RIP Froggie
  4. Mayfield

LORD CLIFDEN GT HAMPTON ST CLOSED

That's fantastic news Lyn. I must visit there again when it opens.
  5. Mayfield

LORD CLIFDEN GT HAMPTON ST CLOSED

This is sad news as I have so many happy memories of the Clifden. During the 60's, my friends and I used to meet in there before going to the night clubs in town. Mabz
  6. Mayfield

Ye Old Green Man/The Lad in the Lane

So sad to see Frothy. While i lived in Erdington many years ago, I frequented the 'Lad' a good few times.... Take care buddy. Mayfield
  7. Mayfield

Barry Humphries

I had the pleasure of seeing Dame Edna (Barry Humphries) at the Kings night club in Great Barr. What an amazing evenings entertainment. My face ached through laughing. A very funny entertainer. RIP Barry
  8. Mayfield

Harry lucas school

Hi TeresaJayne - I sent you a message. I believe Tony would have left Harry Lucas around 1965 as his sister left school at the same time as myself in 1967. Mayfield
  9. Mayfield

Pele RIP

I, like many others on this site was privileged to have witnessed the magic of this man talent. I personally feel that a treasured memory of my youth has now died. Rest in peace Pele. Thank you for gracing us with not just your footballing skills, but your high level of sportsmanship.
  10. Mayfield

Its Astoness’s (Lyn) birthday

Belated birthday greetings Lyn - Mayfield xxx
  11. Mayfield

It’s Frothblower’s birthday

Happy birthday Frothy. Mabz :mask:
  12. Mayfield

Harry lucas school

Thanks again - I can see my bedroom now
  13. Mayfield

Harry lucas school

Lovely photo - I can see my house in Defford Road which was opposite the main entrance of the park. Mabz
  14. Mayfield

Garretts Green College

Hi Pat - I remember Cyril well, I was a lecturer at Sutton Coldfield College. He was a wonderful, down-to-earth man with a great personality and great sense of humour. Mayfield
Back