• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by MaxineS1950

1. M

Spring Hill roller rink

Hi Alan No I lived in Bordsley Green. Billy Bowen originally lived in town not far from the centre as I used to get off the bus and walk to his house, he had a sister called Rosanna I think and a brother called Norman..If I remember right his dad was norman and moms name began with an M. He...
  2. M

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi Bill i went to the rink from 1965/66 to when it closed. My name is Maxine was (Barnes) back then, most people knew me because if my size as was 16yrs old then and only 4'6" tall, had long dark hair. I went 7 days a week even broke my collar bone at one stage...
  3. M

Spring Hill roller rink

Re: spring hill rollar rink Hi my name is Maxine (Barnes) back then , always called Max. I went to the rink 7 days a week also on sat & Sunday afternoons, from about 1965/6 to when it closed. Which was a very sad day for me. I was good friends with Doc ie Brian Lindsay used to take him his...
Back