• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by MatthewClarke

1. M

CLARKE, William George

Alberta, please could you tell me where you got this information from? I've been trying to find the source of this information, but finally admitting defeat! It's the travel information I'm struggling with.
  2. M

CLARKE, William George

Oops. My mistake. WILLIAM is the older brother.
  3. M

CLARKE, William George

Wow, thank you. Perhaps an emigration for a better life that didn't work out, and then a voyage back to Birmingham after William was born?
  4. M

CLARKE, William George

The family is CLARKE. William's father GEORGE HENRY was born in Birmingham, and married MARTHA DUNKLEY from Rugby in Birmingham in 1907. The whole US connection is baffling, as is the timing of the journey and birth being in the same few months as the birth of the marriage!
  5. M

CLARKE, William George

Now this IS really intriguing. My grandfather HAROLD had a younger brother who appears to have been born in Manhattan, New York on September 11th 1907 and baptised there later that month. I am almost certain that he soon returned to Birmingham and lived in Oxford Street, Stirchley, with his...
  6. M

CLARKE, Marion Millicent (nee HOLDEN)

Thank you so much.
  7. M

That's really helpful, thank you. Do your records show any history for her husband - Harold Clarke - at all? I have a birth date of 12th August 1910 at Stirchley, but little more than that.
  8. M

Thank you! Jessie is a new name to me. The other two have been suggested, but never Jessie. Someone once mentioned a Mary Ethel.
  9. M

I am the grandson of Marion Clarke, who lived at 154 Thornbridge Avenue, Beeches, Great Barr until her death in 1996. She had two sons, John and Philip. Unraveling the family history is proving to be most enjoyable, but a little complicated and confusing. I believe she had siblings, though none...
Back