• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Martinoverdington

1. M

Rank Xerox/Xerox copy centre.

Does anyone here recall or ever work at The Xerox offices on Holloway Head. I did 18 years there. Be interested to hear of any old faces from there.
  2. M

GERMAN/ITALIAN POWs IN BIRMINGHAM

There is a large cemetery Oscott college way and it has, unfortunately quite a high number of graves of German and Italian POWs I seem to remember.
  3. M

Crown And Cushion Pubs Perry Barr

Yes I went to a couple of weddings there in the late sixties/early seventies when I was very VERY young.
  4. M

Old street pics..

Hi John i can confirm that the marginal view of the building is J Saviile Gordon which was indeed next to G H Bloore Ltd i worked there 1975-1978 and i get the feeling i may have worked with your dad - was his name Tommy Bevan?. I worked in the office and Tommy was a Driver for them.
Back