• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by mark young

1. M

Mitchell's & Butler's Ltd.

Hello I have managed to sort out the copyright on this picture: it belongs to the Sandwell Archive. Best wishes Mark
  2. M

Hello Moss I'm a descendant of the Butler family and am publishing a book in September all about M&B. Do you know who has the copyright to this picture that you posted in 2008 as I would like to use it. Best wishes Mark young (mother nee Butler) robert.young45@btinternet.com
  3. M

Hello again, This is so interesting! I am nearing completing a book about the brewery and the Butler family which will be published in September. I have asked the forum to pass on my emial address to you and would very much like to ask you a few further questions if you do not mind.:) Very best...
  4. M

Hello. Could you give any idea of the years you are talking about here please? My own interest is especially related to the brewery itself:) and i would be very intererested to hear of any more memories you may have. Best wishes Mark
  5. M

Hello The railway line you mention went right back down the brewery for 600 yards, slipped under the canal feeder and came out close to Rotton Park Road, joining the Harborne branch which in turn joined the main Birmingham-Wolverhampton line at Monument Lane. Obviously all long gone now: if you...
  6. M

Hello My great grandfather, William Waters Butler, was born down the road from the Beehive in London Street in a pub, The London works Tavern: sadly now due for demolitiion to make way for a new hospital. The whole area at the bottom of Cape Hill is very different now. Best wishes
  7. M

Hello Wendy I am William Butler's great great grandson and recently saw your message re the hairdresser in Broad Street where he worked prior to going full time at The Crown. You mentioned a Mr Sillitoe??? Any more info and anything to do re the Butlers, M & B much appreciated. I am visiting...
  8. M

The Crown Inn, Broad Street

Hello I am William butler's great great grandson! As far as I know he bought the lease as you say, and agreed a rental of £800+ a year which suggests the pub was doing pretty well! I'm going to be in Birmingham at the end of April and welcome any info. Please see my message re Butlers...
  9. M

Butler

I am after information relating to ROBERT BUTLER died Hinckley WILLIAM BUTLER Died Birmingham as of Mitchell & Butler WILLIAM WATERS BUTLER d 1939 as of Mitchell & Butler OWEN BUTLER d 1935 as of Mitchell & Butler I am the grandson of Owen and have a lot of material...
  10. M

butler william of mitchells & BUtler

I am researching the life of Sir William Waters butler, his family and the brewery, Mitchells & Butler. Any information from living employess at Cape Hill of great interest. Also: the building of the brewery, the wells, the farm etc Literally ANYTHING of interest
Back