• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Mark Tooze

1. M

Help SAVE this archive : Tufnol

Have you offered them to Birmingham Central Library Archives - they will usually take large specific collections like this I believe?
  2. M

Munitions factory work for women

Hi Lyn; just round the corner from where I used to live too (but not in WW2 I will hasten to add....) Amazing to think you could have a munitions factory smack bang in the middle of a tightly packed residential area - how many people would it have taken out if something had gone "bang"?
  3. M

Hi Viv; if you look at virtually all the IWM photos I have posted everyone is spotless and most of the photos look posed - very much for propaganda I think - most are by official photographers as well. Any photos from these establishments would have been subject to censorship I guess -...
  4. M

National Munitions Projectile Factory Dudley in WW1:-
  5. M

MIlls Munitions Factory Bridge St West 1915:-
  6. M

All these from the Imperial War Museum Website:- Cartridge Making Kynochs 1917:- Bullet Velocity Testing Kynochs 1917:- Cartridge Manufacture Kynochs 1917:- Cartridge Barrels Kynochs 1917:-
  7. M

The Marlborough Anderton Road

Nice photo! Hope you got well clear before that car arrived!
  8. M

Birmingham in the 1980s

And of course there is always Crossroads - as Brummie as you could get - loads of episodes from the 70's and 80's on YouTube
  9. M

Birmingham in the 1980s

Kids from 47A would be a good starting point - made in Birmingham in 1973 I think - pilot episode is here:-
  10. M

its vivienne14s birthday

Happy Birthday!
  11. M

Save Birmingham

I hope the "legs" on this 42-storey building are well made...... Looks like the kind of thing International Rescue used to get called out to on a regular basis......... If you are going to indulge I would go for one of the flats at the back personally........
  12. M

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

Display the photo, screenshot into word or powerpoint, then screenshot it again from there at a smaller size and try posting that - that's what I do and it seems to work.
  13. M

Birmingham in the 1980s

Hi Harry; if you check my posts most feature photos from this period- although not of inside houses sorry!
  14. M

Lozells Road, Shops, Pubs, Businesses etc

You must have served us at some time then - we got nearly all our toys from McGauleys!
Back