• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Mark Richards

1. M

Hare of the Dog Wellhead Tavern

Mark i would think that the area was demolished mainly due to re development although there may have been a bit of bomb damage as well and if it was not for the uni and its students i dare say we would have lost this fine pub...although according to my daughter it is popular with none students...
  2. M

Thanks Viv and it looks like the lamp is still there!
  3. M

Thats a great photo mark and what an interesting life your grandad had..thanks for sharing this with us...would it be ok if i saved the photo please all the best Lyn --------------------- You would be more than welcome Lyn - we have several more including one of a Street Party for George VI...
  4. M

Hi everyone, Here is a picture of my great grandad/grandma outside the Wellhead Tavern in the mid/late 1930s (i think) - Charlie and Winifred Richards. Lived on site and ranm this one for a while himself as far as i know. He had a chain of businesses in Derby and Birmingham around this time and...
Back