• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Maris

1. Maris

Photo of my Mom in Brum somewhere. Anyone know where?

Brilliant and fascinating info, cheers Mohawk!
  2. Maris

Stephenson Street

My Grandmother is in this photo and I think it might be The Queens Hotel.
  3. Maris

What year might this be ?

Has anybody got an idea what year this might be ? Unfortunately I know nothing about the photo!
  4. Maris

Theatre: Whats on, where and is it good.

I'm ashamed to say I didn't and a member of our group told us in the interval! At least my wife didn't see it either! :redface:
  5. Maris

Theatre: Whats on, where and is it good.

12 Angry Men at the Rep was great !
  6. Maris

Library Of Birmingham 2013

I asked the receptionist where the pantomime section was, she said "It's behind you!"
  7. Maris

Courtyards and yards of brum

Hi Mike yes it is, I've looked at the previous record which clearly says No 4 house 31 Court.
  8. Maris

Hmm, not sure, below is the address, it enlarges if you click on it.
  9. Maris

In 1851 my 3rd Great Grandfather lived at No 3 House No 31 Livery Street and I was wondering if anyone has seen any photos of Livery Street ? Also does anyone know whereabouts this house would have been ?
  10. Maris

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

On the corner of Corporation Street? Thats awesome, Im going to print that photo and take it with me to brum next time I go.
  11. Maris

Birmingham Town Hall

I wonder whereabouts his home in Sparkbrook, Fairhill, was ?
  12. Maris

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

Buffalo Bill Visiting Birmingham Is this photo New Street ?
  13. Maris

can anyone improve this please

My attempt.
  14. Maris

Fair Cop

The photos above were taken in Bordesley Street where the caf is and the road was coned off for filming, the have also been filming around the Jewellery Quarter I believe.
  15. Maris

Fair Cop

Did anyone see Midlands Today ? They did a short piece on the new daytime drama currently being filmed on the streets of Brum. I was having a walk around Brum with Pete & Matt's Photo school on Sunday and they had converted the Bordesley Diner into a film set.
Back