• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by maria goretti

1. M

Lady Leaver has information on the following surnames.

Hi Colin, I'm very sorry I can't help you, I'm not familiar with these streets in Birmingham at all and much less the surname, however don't lose heart as there are loads of people on this site who know Birmingham inside out from years back, perhaps they can help you. If you haven't already...
  2. M

Woodward

Hi Dave, I was just wondering if you got back further with your research and if there could be any connection between your Woodwards and my William Woodward who was born 1843 in Basford, Nottingham, son of Mark and Celina Stanyon and married Ellen Farley 12th June 1864 in the Parish Church of...
  3. M

death at Solihull Hospital

Hi Darlene, That's a pity, all the same I appreciate your kindness in taking the time to answer, likewise I wish you all the best in your searching, happy hunting! Maria
  4. M

death at Solihull Hospital

Hi Kathleen & Darlene, I was just wondering if there could be any connection between your Woodwards and my William Woodward who was born 1843 in Basford, Nottingham and married Ellen Farley 12th June 1864 in the Parish Church of Edgbaston, Warwick? They had 10 children, Mary, William, Lizzie...
  5. M

Lady Leaver has information on the following surnames.

Hi Lady Leaver, I wonder would you have anything on William Woodward who married Ellen Farley in June 1864 in Birmingham? William was born about 1845 in Old Basford, Nottinghamshire and son of Mark Woodward. Ellen was born 1840 in Birmingham & daughter of James Farley & Mary O' Neil. On 1881 &...
  6. M

Smethwick

Hi Rosie, Thanks very much for all your help, yes of course I have been down Poplar Ave. and all addresses on census & certs. that I have come across so far related to my family in Birmingham with Google map with street view, the sad thing is I never knew I had a connection with Birmingham until...
  7. M

Smethwick

Wow Rosie, this is fablous, thank you ever so much, I have been running around in circles for ages looking for this information! If you don’t mind could I ask a few more questions, is this a grave inscription or a memorial? If it is a grave insc. can I persume that my great, great grandparents...
  8. M

Smethwick

Can anyone help me please? I have been told that there is is a Memorial to my great grandparents John & Jane Clark at Holy Trinity Church Smethwick. Jane died the 15th Nov. 1883 aged 78 and John died the following day 16th Nov. 1883. I would appreciate it ever so much if someone could...
  9. M

Farley Family

Hi Angela, I have Farleys from Birmingham or lived there at least, I wonder if there is any connection? Here are my Farleys, CENSUS & OTHER RECORDS FOR THE FARLEY FAMILY James Farley married Mary O'Neil from Ireland 22nd September 1826 Married by Father Edward Peach at St. Chad’s Cathedral...
Back